RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (3/28 - 3/30) Noah 44M Divergent 26.5

Uh rainbowtrout?  I think you should read this:

The bitter tears of the American Christian supermajority: Why Christians — America’s most populous religious group — feel so victimized

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/3/christians-persecutioncomplex.html

And the feature film “Persecuted,” a political thriller about a federal government plan to censor Christianity in the name of liberalism, is due out in May. Featuring former Sen. Fred Thompson and Fox News host Gretchen Carlson, the movie received a rapturous reception at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference on March 10 and is of a piece with other Christian films such as “God’s Not Dead,” about a freshman believer bullied into proving the existence of god by an atheist professor.

Needless to say (or maybe not) this news ticker of persecuted American Christians floats far and free from reality. More than 75 percent of the United States identifies as Christian; 57 percent believe in the devil, and nearly 8 in 10 Americans believe the Bible to be either the “inspired word” or literal word of God. Despite the constitutional separation of church and state, the government began under President George W. Bush to outsource social welfare programs to faith-based organizations (more than 98 percent, according to one 2006 study, of them Christian churches), and schools with religious ties (mostly Christian) in several states are now well fed by direct public subsidies. But then, American places of worship (again, most of them Christian) have long enjoyed a de facto public subsidy as tax-exempt 501©3 organizations funded by tax-deductible contributions. Last month President Barack Obama himself held forth at National Prayer Breakfast about the importance of Jesus in his life.

Uh rainbowtrout?  I think you should read this:

The bitter tears of the American Christian supermajority: Why Christians — America’s most populous religious group — feel so victimized

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/3/christians-persecutioncomplex.html

You're quoting an article from aljazeera, of all things?  DailyKos or MotherJones would be less biased.

I'm not surprised Christians are in disfavor with them, lol.

You're quoting an article from aljazeera, of all things?  DailyKos or MotherJones would be less biased.

I'm not surprised Christians are in disfavor with them, lol.

And you're saying that your sources from those "arguing against liberals" and Christian websites that you used to show "Hollywood Christian persecution" aren't biased?  And Al Jazeera is actually quite reputable and non-biased, but don't let the scary Muslim sounding name frighten you away.

Please actually read the article and the points instead of arguing about the source.

Edited by Frozen Iceroll
  • Like 1

Anyone who is a fan of Scooby Doo and/or Wrestling should really watch "Scooby Doo: Wrestlemania Mystery". This review will tell you why.

http://comicsalliance.com/scooby-doo-wrestlemania-mystery-review/

It is just an awesome time for the 70 minutes or so. Just don't worry about logic (like Scooby Doo ever had logic). It has an animated bear fight, here is a live action one

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Holy smokes, just watched the season finale of The Walking Dead.

I can't believe how many movie commercials there were! That's was equivalent to the most trailers I've seen before any movie in the theater.

Walking Dead is the new Super Bowl, lol!

• Like 1

Holy smokes, just watched the season finale of The Walking Dead.

I can't believe how many movie commercials there were! That's was equivalent to the most trailers I've seen before any movie in the theater.

Walking Dead is the new Super Bowl, lol!

TWD season finales ALWAYS get HUGE ratings. Not surprising. I would say that money for the commercials is well spent by the studios. :bop:

Edited by Mojoguy

Anyone pay attention to which movies got commercials.

I might be missing one, but I think I saw:

Draft Day

Oculus (I think?)

The Raid 2 (during Talking Dead?)

Brick Mansion

The Quiet Ones

Amazing SpiderMan 2

X-Men DOFP

Transformers AOE

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes

The Purge Anarchy

I may have forgotten one. Anyone care to correct my list?

• Like 1

Draft Day

Oculus (I think?)

Brick Mansion

The Quiet Ones

Amazing SpiderMan 2

X-Men DOFP

Transformers AOE

The Purge Anarchy

That is a lot. Omg.

Damn, TWD. What a . . .

Posted Image

• Like 1

Draft Day

Oculus (I think?)

Brick Mansion

The Quiet Ones

Amazing SpiderMan 2

X-Men DOFP

Transformers AOE

The Purge Anarchy

How was the DOTPOTA ad?

I think it's cool that this year is going to shatter the pre-May $100 million movie record. I remember when we'd be lucky if two films made it to the century mark before summer. Then in 2009 there were five. 

This year, we already have 

Made It

Ride Along

The Lego Movie

300 2

Locks

Divergent

Mr Peabody

Captain America

Should make it

Noah

Rio 2

Outside shot (probably not, but not impossible)

Transcendence

Non-stop

I don't think we'll double the record with 10, but we should at least have 7, maybe 8, which is pretty amazing. I think we could see 40 $100 million films this year. 

Not to mention both Lone Survivor and Frozen made 100m in 2014