Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

I think this falls short of a 2.7X. I think it can hit a 2.5, but no matter how you look at it, it's a sequel and the F&F sequels were also well received and they didn't hit a 2.7X. So give it 2.55X and it gets to about 245 mill.

I see what you're saying, but why compare it to FF? You are probably right, but I think this has a better chance of having better legs.

I see what you're saying, but why compare it to FF?You are probably right, but I think this has a better chance of having better legs.

Well, if not that series, then I guess you could do IM2, but that was a 2.45 as well.

I think this falls short of a 2.7X.  I think it can hit a 2.5, but no matter how you look at it, it's a sequel and the F&F sequels were also well received and they didn't hit a 2.7X.  So give it 2.55X and it gets to about 245 mill.

I think Cap has a bigger demographic than Fast and Furious...

I think Cap has a bigger demographic than Fast and Furious...

I'm not sure about that.  Pick any Marvel film then outside of Avengers.  I don't think any of them hit a 3 multiplier (not including films before 2006, so no Spiderman).

Is Paul Walker going to be the first post death CGI star ?

I remember the Cameron  digital manifesto when he claimed one day, people would make more Marylin Monroe/James Dean movies when technology allows it.

Do you believe/think it will come to this point  someday ?

People are using FAST cuz of the April release date, right? Even that doesn't make too much sense.

I'm using FF because it's got a built in fanbase, it opened to a record at the time and it also had very little competition for the month.  So imo, it makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

Cap 2 is my favourite stand alone Marvel films since IM1 so I'd love to see it hit 300 but I don't see any reason why it will have a better multiplier than other Marvel films.

• Like 1

Avengers is the only superhero movie since 2008 to have a 3x multi. Marvel or otherwise

Yea its kinda crazy...I think 2008 had Iron Man and Dark Knight which both had above 3x...nothing since then barring Avengers of course...

Edited by AC Slater

Yea its kinda crazy...I think 2008 had Iron Man and Dark Knight which both had above 3x...nothing since then barring Avengers of course...

Well, that might be indicative of the lack of standout superhero films since 2008.

Edited by MrPink