Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

In my opinion, 650-700 is the target for the moment. I'm not saying it can't reach 750, but for the moment I think is too high. I need to see grosses by Sunday to increase the number. And for the record, 750 million would make TDKR the biggest 2D OS grosser, over ROTK's 742 million.

second biggest, you forgot Titanic.

Yesterday, 8;00 PM show in Ahmedabad (India) was full in a 353 seater. TDKR is doing extremely well at mutiplexes at big metros and below average at single screens and smaller cities.It should get a lifetime total of around $10 M in India, which is excellent for TDKR.

• Like 1

Yesterday, 8;00 PM show in Ahmedabad (India) was full in a 353 seater. TDKR is doing extremely well at mutiplexes at big metros and below average at single screens and smaller cities.It should get a lifetime total of around $10 M in India, which is excellent for TDKR.

Very nice. That's around 75% higher than TDK's total, right? Wonderful result IMHO.

Very nice. That's around 75% higher than TDK's total, right? Wonderful result IMHO.

There is no question that it is a wonderful result.. It will be at least 75% higher than TDK in India. My wife and I went to an Indian movie called Cocktail yesterday. It was so horrible that we walked out after 50 minutes. We thought we would try to get into the 9;15 PM showing of TDKR. But only the two front rows were available. So we went home.I lived in the US for 20 years. It was rare that I would see a sell out on a weekday even for movies like TPM in 1999.
  • Like 1

There is no question that it is a wonderful result.. It will be at least 75% higher than TDK in India.My wife and I went to an Indian movie called Cocktail yesterday. It was so horrible that we walked out after 50 minutes. We thought we would try to get into the 9;15 PM showing of TDKR. But only the two front rows were available. So we went home.I lived in the US for 20 years. It was rare that I would see a sell out on a weekday even for movies like TPM in 1999.

Very nice. Glad to see overseas audiences latching onto Batman like we have in America for 73 years. It took a long time for the character to gain some big popularity overseas.

Very nice. Glad to see overseas audiences latching onto Batman like we have in America for 73 years. It took a long time for the character to gain some big popularity overseas.

Batman has gained immense popularity after TDK in India. Spiderman has always been extremely popular in India for some strange reason. This year 3 SH movies (TA, TASM and TDKR) have done blockbuster business here.
  • Like 1

Batman has gained immense popularity after TDK in India. Spiderman has always been extremely popular in India for some strange reason. This year 3 SH movies (TA, TASM and TDKR) have done blockbuster business here.

3 superhero movies over 10M..... awesome!!
  • Like 1

Well now with the news of China likely not releasing TDKR, the OS total may not be all that incredible anymore. Without China, this can struggle to get much further than 1B.This movie just can't catch a break.

I dont believe believe firedeep. Variety/HR reported its ready for release. Only dates need to be finalized. Until I read other I will believe its releasing. Xiayun also stated nothing has changed.

Why do you think that?

Greece/Portugal etc are dead. I dont see anything doing well in those markets. Edited by keysersoze123