Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

I really hope this explodes OS to make up for the weak domestic opening. I really hate the mother fucker that caused this.

Indeed, but I am very sure OS will make up for poor USA OW as it is not splashed all over the media outside the US and barely any other developed countries have such lax and similar gun laws.

Since are not getting any OS numbers today, here are the rough weekend figures based on reports and my predictionsUK: 25MSK: 16MAUS: 14MSpain: 5MIndia: 4MHK: 3.3MTaiwan: 2.5MIt would have made around 15-20m from rest of the markets.So the weekend was probably in 85-90M range.

• Like 1

Since are not getting any OS numbers today, here are the rough weekend figures based on reports and my predictionsUK: 25MSK: 16MAUS: 14MSpain: 5MIndia: 4MHK: 3.3MTaiwan: 2.5MIt would have made around 15-20m from rest of the markets.So the weekend was probably in 85-90M range.

all right tell me how those openings are. How do they compare to The Dark Knight/The Avengers/Spider-Man 3?

all right tell me how those openings are. How do they compare to The Dark Knight/The Avengers/Spider-Man 3?

Compared to TDK, it has opened a bit better than TDK in developed markets and more than doubled in Asian markets.I think it is well on track for 600M+ without China.But I won't expect much more..... maybe 650-675m max.

According to BOM and assuming the numbers that Fake has given as correct we have the next:The figures are OW/TotalUK: SM3 (23.5/67) TDK (22.3/89) TA (25.7/81) TDKR (25/?)SK: SM3 (16.4/34) TDK (5/25) TA (10.8/50.7) TDKR (16/?)AUS: SM3 (7.8/19.7) TDK (11.4/39.9) TA (13.9/54.4) TDKR (14/?)Spain: SM3 (11.1/24.7) TDK (4.4/16.3) TA (7.1/20) TDKR (5/?)India: SM3 (6.5/16.4) TDK (?/3.7) TA (?/12.6) TDKR (4/?)HK: SM3 (2.4/7.2) TDK (2.1/7.5) TA (4.4/12.5) TDKR (3.3/?)Taiwan: SM3 (1.0/4.9) TDK (1.2/6.7) TA (?/20.1) TDKR (2.5/?)They are quite similar numbers in main markets between TA and TDKR.Amazing in SK, is 3 times bigger than TDK OW. I think we could see the same final number than TDK in UK, about 80-90, maybe 60 in SK, more than 50 in Australia.I see much more interest in Spain than 4 years ago with TDK. I think it can reach 20 here, what having into account the current box office situation is a nice number. It would be number 1 of the year. I don't know how work the other markets quite well but it's easy to see that TDKR is making quite better than TDK. India has done more than the whole TDK run. That's just astonishing :blink:.We will se what happen with China release (it seems it won't be released there), but TDK wasn't either. I think this can reach 650-700 Edited by peludo

According to BOM and assuming the numbers that Fake has given as correct we have the next:The figures are OW/TotalUK: SM3 (23.5/67) TDK (22.3/89) TA (25.7/81) TDKR (25/?)SK: SM3 (16.4/34) TDK (5/25) TA (10.8/50.7) TDKR (16/?)AUS: SM3 (7.8/19.7) TDK (11.4/39.9) TA (13.9/54.4) TDKR (14/?)Spain: SM3 (11.1/24.7) TDK (4.4/16.3) TA (7.1/20) TDKR (5/?)India: SM3 (6.5/16.4) TDK (?/3.7) TA (?/12.6) TDKR (4/?)HK: SM3 (2.4/7.2) TDK (2.1/7.5) TA (4.4/12.5) TDKR (3.3/?)Taiwan: SM3 (1.0/4.9) TDK (1.2/6.7) TA (?/20.1) TDKR (2.5/?)They are quite similar numbers in main markets between TA and TDKR.Amazing in SK, is 3 times bigger than TDK OW. I think we could see the same final number than TDK in UK, about 80-90, maybe 60 in SK, more than 50 in Australia.I see much more interest in Spain than 4 years ago with TDK. I think it can reach 20 here, what having into account the current box office situation is a nice number. It would be number 1 of the year. I don't know how work the other markets quite well but it's easy to see that TDKR is making quite better than TDK. India has done more than the whole TDK run. That's just astonishing :blink:.We will se what happen with China release (it seems it won't be released there), but TDK wasn't either. I think this can reach 650-700

Good comparison, but local currency is probably better to use.Take Australia, for example.SM3: 9.5m / 24mTDK: 11.3m 4-day / 14m 5-day / 47m TA: 13.3m 4-day / 19.3m 5-day / 53mThe fluctuating exchange rates skew the results, quite a bit in some cases.

The Dark Knight Rises Has Good Weekend But No Growth

Monday 23rd July 2012 09.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

The Dark Knight Rises had a good first weekend of around 16.75 crore nett but failed to show any growth over the weekend. The film has no appreciation outside the big centres of India and even there most of the business is coming from premium multiplexes. The film did very well in Mysore collecting a huge 2.30 crore nett plus.

The weekend is the fourth highest ever for a Hollywood film after The Amazing Spiderman, 2012 and Mission Impossible 4.

Mission Impossible 4 had grossed 17.50 crore nett but had around 1.25 crore nett from paid previews so it is actually better than the the three day weekend of that film.

TDKR does not look like it will sustain in India given its weekend performance especially Saturday and Sunday not showing increases over Friday.

Good comparison, but local currency is probably better to use.Take Australia, for example.SM3: 9.5m / 24mTDK: 11.3m 4-day / 14m 5-day / 47mTA: 13.3m 4-day / 19.3m 5-day / 53mThe fluctuating exchange rates skew the results, quite a bit in some cases.

I agree that is wide better to compare with the local currencies, but at the end, if we want to know the OS number we have to use US dollar ;). The case you have given, Australian one, is the best evidence that exchange rates changes are the main reason (next to expanding markets) of OS explosion numbers. AUD dollar has doubled its value against US dollar in 10 years. That's just incredible