Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

$88 million with 13 million admissions from approximately 7,173 screens in 17 markets. IMAX grossed $4.8 million from 61 screens in 15 markets.

Key markets:

UK:

£14.4m (US$22.5m) from 594 situations

- IMAX grossed £1m ($1.57m) from 19 screens

Korea:

KRW18.0b (US$15.65m) from 1,198 screens

- IMAX grossed $758k from 10 screens

Australia:

Weekend estimate is A$15.1m (US$15.5m) from 631 screens

- IMAX grossed $659k from 5 screens

Spain:

€3.5m (US$4.3m) from 624 screens

Just want to share. I have a lot of Korean friends. One of them told me that this was one of their topics on Facebook. It's part of their culture that they don't really react every time they watch a film. But after watching the movie, he described that the audience he was with stood up and clapped, very much amazed of what they saw.

Just want to share. I have a lot of Korean friends. One of them told me that this was one of their topics on Facebook. It's part of their culture that they don't really react every time they watch a film. But after watching the movie, he described that the audience he was with stood up and clapped, very much amazed of what they saw.

Awesome...WOM should be strong then!

Didn't Inception do a lot better? Maybe they can use "from the director of Inception" to boost attendance?

Apparently the advertising is poor, the local distributor doesn't care about it, and Russians love 3D, you lose many screens with a 2D movie.TDK grossed 8m there, and 22m is expected for TDKR, so it's a real improvement but for this kind of blockbuster under 30m is bad..The Avengers grossed 43m there, Transformers 3 grossed 45m and DH2 grossed 36m.Even John Carter grossed 33m.

That's an awesome story. I also clapped at the end of TDKR. I haven't clapped for a movie in years. Not even Inception or TDK. One minute I was about to cry and then at the end I was clapping before I even realized I was doing it.

Openings from other countries

Denmark: $2,075,040

Finland: $754,264

Indonesia: $2,156,372

Malaysia; $2,211,268

Netherlands: $1,709,276

New Zealand: $1,575,687

Phillipines: $2,365,149

Singapore: $2,650,244

Spain: $4,199,379

Thailand: $1,743,843

tell me which openings are good/bad/should have been better