Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

Neither do I.Main markets in the same point (according to BOM):Australia: TDKR 28 - TDK 24UK: TDKR 47 - TDK 50Brazil: TDKR 6.2 - TDK 4.4France: TDKR 11.9 - TDK 9.7Germany: TDKR 11.7 - TDK 10.4Japan: TDKR 5.7 - TDK 3.1Mexico: TDKR 9.7 - TDK 7.0Spain: TDKR 8.6 - TDK 12.1South Korea : TDKR 27.5 - TDK 15.3 (it has already outgrossed the entire 25 million TDK run)Russia: It has outgrossed the entire TDK run in OW.India: TDKR 7.4 - TDK 3.6Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia have already outgrossed TDK and Hong Kong has nearly done it.Excepting 3 million in UK and 3.5 million in a depressed market like Spain, TDKR is outgrossing TDK everywhere

UK is also a depressed market with the shitty exchange rate. TDKR is actually ahead of TDK in pounds and will probably beat its final gross in pounds. Exchange rate is killing it though. Avengers made quite a bit more in pounds than TDK, but TDK made $8m more in USD. Same thing will happen with TDKR.

UK is also a depressed market with the shitty exchange rate. TDKR is actually ahead of TDK in pounds and will probably beat its final gross in pounds. Exchange rate is killing it though. Avengers made quite a bit more in pounds than TDK, but TDK made $8m more in USD. Same thing will happen with TDKR.

Hopefully it can overcome this.It's currently ahead of TA, which ended at £52m.With a month of holidays, it should be on track, at the moment, for around £55m which would put it at $86m.

Hopefully it can overcome this.It's currently ahead of TA, which ended at £52m.With a month of holidays, it should be on track, at the moment, for around £55m which would put it at $86m.

Finishing within $3m of TDK despite the exchange rate issue would be stellar IMHO, especially with the London Olympics going on.
  • Like 1

I don't understand how Rises overseas performance is that good. According to BOM it dropped hard everywhere and the openings in most new markets were lower than expected

BOM still hasn't updated to reflect the fact that it actually finished at $252m through Sunday. I will remind you that the Olympics started this past weekend. Opening it at the same time wasn't the best strategy. That being said, I'm still trying to understand how it's "underwhelming" for a film to beat its predecessor in pretty much every market. In some markets it is beating TDK's total just from the opening alone. Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

Strange there are no weekday OS numbers coming in for one of the biggest films of 2012...

Probably waiting until tomorrow so they can report $600m worldwide, since it will reach that number today. I don't think they reported anything for Monday and Tuesday overseas last week, did they?EDIT: Just checked last week's posts and we did not have any update from the $88m opening until late Wednesday night when Hollywood Reporter said it was at $110m through Tuesday. So maybe we will get an update sometime late tonight. Edited by redfirebird2008

I don't understand how Rises overseas performance is that good. According to BOM it dropped hard everywhere and the openings in most new markets were lower than expected

It's better than good, it's awesome so far. It's a 2D movie which will hit 600M+ OS. That to me is great anyway you slice it. :) :) :)
  • Like 4

Probably waiting until tomorrow so they can report $600m worldwide, since it will reach that number today. I don't think they reported anything for Monday and Tuesday overseas last week, did they?

EDIT: Just checked last week's posts and we did not have any update from the $88m opening until late Wednesday night when Hollywood Reporter said it was at $110m through Tuesday. So maybe we will get an update sometime late tonight.

I guess no midweek number this week...will have to wait for weekend OS gross probably now.

It is doing good and wonder what BOM is expecting? They have not even updated a single article for almost 2 weeks after the est.214mil opening.

The Dark Knight Rises in The Netherlands:Week 1: € 2,028,558 (6 days)Week 2: € 1,700,532 (7 days, -16.2%)Total: € 3,746,830For reference: after 2 weeks TA made € 3,276,557, with 1 more day (14 vs 13), including € 189,148 previews (TDKR had none), in 3D, and without competition from the Olympics. It seems that TDKR is on track to become the highest grossing superhero movie here (currently TA).

Edited by Tesseract
  • Like 2

The Dark Knight Rises in The Netherlands:

Week 1: € 2,028,558 (6 days)

Week 2: € 1,700,532 (7 days, -16.2%)

Total: € 3,746,830

For reference: after 2 weeks TA made € 3,276,557, with 1 more day (14 vs 13), including € 189,148 previews (TDKR had none), in 3D, and without competition from the Olympics. It seems that TDKR is on track to become the highest grossing superhero movie here (currently TA).

Not only there but also bunches of other markets. It will sold more tickets than TA in 90+% countries.

Here we go, confirmation from Hollywood Reporter that it reached $600m worldwide on Wednesday, which many of us expected.

On Wednesday, Christopher Nolan's final Batman pic crossed the $600 million mark at the worldwide box office, including a domestic total of $311.4 million.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-dark-knight-rises-total-recall-diary-wimpy-kid-357853