Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

I'm really excited to see what this does internationally now, beating TA might be a task because it isn't in 3D but I wouldn't cap this film OS, changing this mini club to 700m.

Why does this keep going UP? Its not making a dime over $600m OS.Its going to lose $20-30m on TDK from Australia & UK.$570m OS tops.And if it does make over $700m OS, Totem, you have my sig and username at your disposal for a month.

Why does this keep going UP? Its not making a dime over $600m OS.Its going to lose $20-30m on TDK from Australia & UK.$570m OS tops.And if it does make over $700m OS, Totem, you have my sig and username at your disposal for a month.

That would be a smaller jump Spider man 2 had to 3. GTFO

Like I said, its losing $20-30m from AU/UK - SM2 didnt have the death of a major Australian actor to lift it up.

it is now clear that there is extreme interest in this film and the people who say "it doesn't have a dead actor in it" are an extremely clueless bunch. TDK was a huge crowdpleaser on the level of Spider-Man and The Avengers and people are not going to ignore this film because it doesn't have a dead actor who wasn't even a box office draw in it

it is now clear that there is extreme interest in this film and the people who say "it doesn't have a dead actor in it" are an extremely clueless bunch. TDK was a huge crowdpleaser on the level of Spider-Man and The Avengers and people are not going to ignore this film because it doesn't have a dead actor who wasn't even a box office draw in it

If Spider-Man was such a huge crowdpleaser, how did SM2 OS gross DECREASE from SM1?I just dont see it being big at the levels some people here are talking. Edited by Robertron

If Spider-Man was such a huge crowdpleaser, how did SM2 OS gross DECREASE from SM1?I just dont see it being big at the levels some people here are talking.

different time period, also it was the second film and after only two years. Overseas, films tend have their biggest jump at the third film. you don't see it being big because of some silly reasons and because of your personal dislike against TDK you have revealed before. This is silly. I dislike Twilight but I don't predict anything but huge numbers for the next film.

Well, in the UK, it could actually beat TDK in pounds, so, really, it won't fall, but it's the dollar that will probably make it gross a little less than TDK.But not by very much. $70-80m is still likely.

Edited by Heretic

For the sake of this thread, I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree, and wait til July to see how this plays out.P.S My deal for Totem will still stand.

What is the deal?