Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

No. In the trailers whenever Watney talks about "Family" it cuts to a short scene that makes it look as if he is stroking a computer screen with a video of his family on it, and then it cuts back Watney crying.

The family and screen stroking stuff belongs to another character altogether and is taken from a scene that has nothing to do with Watney. I was sitting there in the cinema wondering what the hell happened to the stuff about Watney wanting to go home to his wife and son only to realise that that whole plot point never existed.

I'm screaming at this manipulation. Godzilla teas

Excellent opening day in Australia.  If the Domestic market matches Australia then $50m+ is a lock OW.

TM big OD should end up around AUD1.350m 6th biggest OD 2015 and over double Gravity OD same weekend 2 yrs ago.

Gravity had an opening day of AUD650,000, an OW of AUD3.55m and went on to make over AUD21m

Edited by DeeCee

It disappointed over here thanks to an insane amount of 3D shows. Everest suffered the same last week. People don't want to see these movies in 3D. In the few places that had 2D shows the movie did well. 

You do you, Claire.

Thanks, babe.

I just don't get the hate, ya know?

But oh, well. If people can't realize I'm being extra, that's on them.

If only more people were like you, but they ain't, and that's the sad part.

94tTH7F.gif

Edited by Claire Nolan Holt

Thanks, babe.

I just don't get the hate, ya know?

But oh, well. If people can't realize I'm being extra, that's on them.

If only more people were like you, but they ain't, and that's the sad part.

94tTH7F.gif

I knew you were just being extra bae, knew it right off the bat.

Interstellar > The Martian > Gravity

This.

I saw The Martian last night. It's very good. It's a fun, feel good space movie with fantastic visual and likeable characters. It's clever. It's funny. The movie did everything right except the lack of emotional payout and the real thrill and tension that could live it up to another level. It's like a Marvel movie compare to Interstellar being a DC one in term of tone and storytelling. It's a crowd pleasure, I just prefer a much darker movie given the plot and the premises.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1