Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wouldn't count on it, but I'd love to see the

the 2nd sandstorm that fucks with his solar power and how he diagnoses how big it is and its trajectory during his journey across Mars in the Rover.  I'd also like to see the Rover tumble at the crater

I wouldn't count on it, but I'd love to see the

the 2nd sandstorm that fucks with his solar power and how he diagnoses how big it is and its trajectory during his journey across Mars in the Rover.  I'd also like to see the Rover tumble at the crater

That would not be there because the 

pathfinder communication systems frying is not included in the movie. Him deducing the size of the sandstorm and which direction it is moving in depends on him not being able to communicate with NASA.

As good as the movie is, I'm wondering why they couldn't find an Indian actor to play Venkat Kapoor. Chiwetel Ejiofor neither looks nor sounds Indian in this movie, just a weird casting choice. I understand though, must have been hard to find an Indian actor to play an Indian character, especially since there are only around 1.2Billion of us in the world and I don't think we have any concept of movies.

I'm sure if Ridley Scott is asked about this ever, he will say "I could not get the budget for this if I cast Rahul so and so and Such and such". At the very least, change the character name to make it more plausible.

Edited by grim22

As good as the movie is, I'm wondering why they couldn't find an Indian actor to play Venkat Kapoor. Chiwetel Ejiofor neither looks nor sounds Indian in this movie, just a weird casting choice. I understand though, must have been hard to find an Indian actor to play an Indian character, especially since there are only around 1.2Billion of us in the world and I don't think we have any concept of movies.

I'm sure if Ridley Scott is asked about this ever, he will say "I could not get the budget for this if I cast Rahul so and so and Such and such". At the very least, change the character name to make it more plausible.

Mindy Park was the same as well. Shit, just look at Exodus.

They wanted bigger names for the cast.

But it would be cool if it was this dude.

irrfan-khan-jurassic-park.jpg

Not even joking, he seems good for the role. 

• Like 1

They wanted bigger names for the cast.

But it would be cool if it was this dude.

irrfan-khan-jurassic-park.jpg

Not even joking, he seems good for the role. 

Hell, even get Anil Kapoor if it comes to it. He has the surname already.  :P

Just saying it would have been nice to see an Indian character played by an Indian actor since the role was not even a lead role.

Edited by grim22

It was...good. Not really sure about all the hype? I mean it was cool we got a sci-fi film with a heavy emphasis on the science aspect for once. Plot was traditional and predictable to a fault. Matt Damon was Matt Damon. Visually pleasing, but not particularly memorable in production values. Nice, but overall I'll take Prometheus quite frankly. Obviously not as consistent of a film, but the more interesting one and the highs are much higher. And of course it doesn't hold a candle to Gravity for me.

I also have to say, after three "survive in space" movies three years in a row, I think the concept is a bit tired now. Best let it rest for awhile. Let's get some more unique ideas for these Fall sci-fi blockbusters. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

Btw, I totally wanted Sean Bean's character to make some kind of "one does not simply..." meta remark during the meeting he's in where they dub themselves Elrond and then have to explain the name to some of them. 

:P

I was expecting that, or some kind of acknowledgment, too. Surprised they didn't include a nod to it.

Btw, I totally wanted Sean Bean's character to make some kind of "one does not simply..." meta remark during the meeting he's in where they dub themselves Elrond and then have to explain the name to some of them. 

:P

Wouldn't that be gilding the lily a bit? :lol: It was already fairly meta.

• Like 2