Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Rise of the Apes (176m) to WWZ (202m) would be great for Godzilla. With all the over-predicting going on, now those numbers would seem disappointing if it gets them.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

If it pulls a STID I will be sad.  :(

With that said, a gross around the same as STID would still be really good for Godzilla. 

If Godzilla grosses 230 mill, that will be a very good amount.  

So the summer is going to be very bad for the box office because of the good weather? :rolleyes:

There's a difference between having nice weather every day for four months, and having the first really nice weekend since December.  Take me for example.  I was going to see Oculus yesterday but because it was 18 freakin degrees outside, I put my shorts and t-shirt on, slapped on my sandals and took the dogs out for most of the day, came home and bbqued and had a nice meal.  So the weather does play havoc on a weekend like this.  

• Like 5

As long as GODZILLA grosses well over what PACIFIC RIM did Domestic, I'll be a happy camper.. How much did PACIFIC RIM gross Domestically???

Well, it better gross more than that lol.  PR did 101 mill.

• Like 2

I think many Marvel fans, either conscious ly or subconsciously, stopped giving too much of a fuck for the solo films post-Avengers. The legs for the Phase 2 films being dismal could be chalked up to low number of repeat viewings by the diehards.

There does seem to be a ceiling for non-Iron Man movies. But when that ceiling is 600-650m Marvel are still laughing all the way to the bank.

• Like 6