Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Check the Ice Age numbers and get back to me.

They will never stop producing Ice Age movies, a golden goose like that is VERY rare.

Well the last film did decrease from the previous one worldwide by at least 9 million :P.

They can't keep making Ice Age movies forever, eventually the box office is going to have crack (pardon my pun).

Edited by Fancyarcher

Well the last film did decrease from the previous one worldwide by at least 9 million :P. They can't keep making Ice Age movies forever, eventually the box office is going to have crack (pardon my pun).

That's not gonna be anytime soon.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/box-office-captain-america-rio-2-both-aiming-at-46-million-weekend-1201156277/

Not really saying anything different from THR:

In the closest box office race of 2014, Disney-Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Solder” and Fox-Blue Sky Studios’ “Rio 2″ are both looking to finish the weekend as high as $46 million.

Studio estimates showed “Winter Soldier” leading on Friday with $13.2 million — enough to edge “Rio 2″ in the $11 million to $12.5 million range.

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

What in the fuck is that shit? Tell me Shawn didn't come up with those numbers.I could have made something better than that up.

#Hail Nolan

Films i like your advertisements these days when you make daily or weekend numbers threads. I always do give your threads a look. BTW i like the number for CAP2, but feel sad for R2. I will wait for RTH though and his estimates are always dead on.

America don't get Scratch that s all.

He IS this franchise and for some reason he is huge everywhere but in the US o A.

Every trailer I've ever seen for an Ice Age has been all about that character so I don't know about that. The fourth film dipped a bit domestically because it's the fourth film in the franchise, just like Shrek. They've all done well here regardless. The international numbers are just astounding. If it's all due to that character, good for them.

Well the last film did decrease from the previous one worldwide by at least 9 million :P.

They can't keep making Ice Age movies forever, eventually the box office is going to have crack (pardon my pun).

They will.

Not even the first one?

No.  I've never been big on animation and Ice Age is just one series I've never had any desire to see and none of my nieces ever asked me to take them to see it.  

Which Ice Age is the finest?

The first. I imaging after the third (which I thought was slightly better than the second), the sequels will just get worse and worse.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I've never seen an Ice Age film.

I was 9 years old when the first premiered. I will be 23 when Ice Age 5 arrives. That is ungodly insane. I have been growing up with this franchise. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2