Fancyarcher

Weekend #'s April 18-20 Cap2: 26.2 Rio 22.5 Heaven 21.5 Trans 11.1 pg32

Yeah, I'll admit, despite everything I said above this is actually looking like a pretty strong August. At least for a few of the movies at the very top.

I'd almost want to see GOTG or TMNT try to weasel their way into July, but they're not quite strong enough to push any of the July action movies completely out of a weekend.

I Don't think you really need to move them, July looks so weak this year. there is like only one release in July that interests me, Jupiter Ascending and it's not even a must see. there are four films (Guardians of the Galaxy, Lucy, TMNT, The Giver)  in August I want to see and one (Guardians) is in my top 3 most anticipated films of the year!

Edited by The Winter Soldier

Children pics perform badly on Easter weekend's Saturday.

While most non-openers stay flat or show a small bump, these show a decline:

Croods -9.5% http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2013-03-30&track=croods.htm

Lorax -24% http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2012-04-07&track=lorax.htm

Journey2 -16% http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2012-04-07&track=journey2.htm

Looks like there's little chance for Rio 2 to win the weekend unless the Sunday is surprisingly good just great.

Edited by a2knet

WB has Fantastic Beasts, Godzilla, Batman/Superman, and LEGO Movie... they're doing just fine

I didn't even know about Fantastic Beasts being in early pre-production. With Rowling penning the trilogy and Heyman back producing again, hoping they snag Cuaron to direct all three. If they do that, they'll have a veritable juggernaut on their hands. 

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

I didn't even know about Fantastic Beasts being in early pre-production. With Rowling penning the trilogy and Heyman back producing again, hoping they snag Cuaron to direct all three. If they do that, they'll have a veritable juggernaut on their hands. 

Yeah, they'd be good but let's not waste the man's time.

• Like 7

Cuaron needs to do something more creatively challenging for Warner than a Potter spin-off. Fox has James Cameron. Warner should keep Nolan & Cuaron close, even closer. After GRAVITY, I would prima-donna Cuaron all the way.

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 7

Gee seems like every actor has this rough bump.

Funny how 10 years ago though who would of though RDJ be a big star? (Depp was not yet considered major remember that-there was a thread about it on BOM) Some thought Smith was not major at that time (who knows why) and of course Hanks was considered major but then he had a few bad years.

Cruise is bigger then some say but not as near as big as he use to be. (Arnolds problem is that both political parties dislike him now it seems)

Who knows this film could be a cult hit someday. (on a similar note recently I was reading how tons of Disney classics were hated when they were released)

Anyway-nice for Heaven is Real.

Reminds me of something I read about John Wayne being in the top 10 box office stars for something like 20-25 years in a row.  Pretty impressive.

• Like 1

Will I be banned of I say A Haunted Hause 2 is easily the best film I have seen this year? (the experience was also great, everybody loved the movie in the theater, plus I got a poster of the film at the theater!)

Yes.

• Like 4