Fancyarcher

Weekend #'s April 18-20 Cap2: 26.2 Rio 22.5 Heaven 21.5 Trans 11.1 pg32

They'd been together for months by that point. While I personally wouldn't act in such a manner, my argument is that the reaction was pretty extreme considering what he did wasn't exactly controversial. 

...but it felt extreme because it was so awkward and forced. It felt like him trying to force this weird issue on people. It also felt fake because -- whether rightly or wrongly -- it's not how adults act. It was like Steve Carell in 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN pretending that he'd been sexing up the ladies.

• Like 1

...but it felt extreme because it was so awkward and forced. It felt like him trying to force this weird issue on people. It also felt fake because -- whether rightly or wrongly -- it's not how adults act. It was like Steve Carell in 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN pretending that he'd been sexing up the ladies.

I'd argue that it only seemed so awkward or forced because most people these days are overly cynical. All I thought was "huh...weird...but good for him." 

We're too judgemental towards celebrities. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 2

So we still don't have any numbers for Captain America? That's a little weird 

From several pages back

No Friday # from Variety for Cap but a w/e estimate of $25m+

6:32PM PT

“Rio 2” looks to benefit from the holiday timeframe as the number of children on spring break doubled this weekend from 10% to 20%. The 3D comedy could win this weekend by a beak, as it stands to earn an estimated $27 million-plus — roughly $2 million more than “Captain America.”

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/jo...ce-1201159719/