Fancyarcher

Weekend #'s April 18-20 Cap2: 26.2 Rio 22.5 Heaven 21.5 Trans 11.1 pg32

I loved Oblivion.

I deserved to do more in the US for an original sci fi movie.

Hope Edge of Tomorrow can deliver quality wise and BO success wise.

Hail Scientology. :ph34r:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 5

I loved Oblivion.

I deserved more for an original sci fi movie in the US.

I loved the 1st half. Did not like the twist much but was acceptable. Then it dragged somewhat towards the end. But one of the most innovative movies to come out recently. I which they had shortened the 2nd half.

I loved the 1st half. Did not like the twist much but was acceptable. Then it dragged somewhat towards the end. But one of the most innovative movies to come out recently. I which they had shortened the 2nd half.

I really didn't like it. It seemed like the actors had less chemistry than Tom Cruise and the drones. Also it seemed to drag and the inconsistency with how difficult it was to take down the drones bugged me. On the other hand my opinion could have been shaded by my negative theater experience :shrug:

Tele don't eat meat but he sure likes the bone.

Omfg HahahahhahajajajaaHahahhahahabahaLaughing out loud on NYC Subway. Good stuff Baumer. Now I'm an asshole.
  • Like 2

I loved Oblivion.I deserved to do more in the US for an original sci fi movie. Hope Edge of Tomorrow can deliver quality wise and BO success wise. Hail Scientology. :ph34r:

You know, Scientology has it's negative...but I have to think, it should get some credit cause I imagine it's inspired Cruise to keep bringing us interesting original scifi films.All hail Xenu.

It is because the whole Oprah jump the couch thing was an american phenomenon, it tarnished his image forever in america that s true but outside of the US, Oprah is not that well known and her show is not aired.

Again, look at Cruise's career, very few actors can claim that kind of career in terms of constistency and a list directors.

He only missed Cameron from his era it seems.

The silly thing is that the couch jumping incident is not what should have tarnished his image. The scientology stuff, yes. The prescription pill thing, sure. But getting excited about love? The media/public reaction to that was strange in my opinion. 

• Like 1

The silly thing is that the couch jumping incident is not what should have tarnished his image. The scientology stuff, yes. The prescription pill thing, sure. But getting excited about love? The media/public reaction to that was strange in my opinion. 

The reaction was because most people felt it wasn't love.

• Like 1

It was just a ...you're weird and fake, Tom.And he kinda is.But you know, for all his eccentricities...he picks interesting films. He works with great people, and everyone seems to say he's a swell guy.I won't hate him cause he has strange beliefs.Whatever...I do too...I thought Congo was a good movie. Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

The reaction was because most people felt it wasn't love.

They'd been together for months by that point. While I personally wouldn't act in such a manner, my argument is that the reaction was pretty extreme considering what he did wasn't exactly controversial. There's "yeah, Cruise is a quirky guy," and then there's the reaction he received after that. 

Edited by tonytr87