grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

All far more typical Oscar bait though. I mean Dune and Joker not as much so, but still way more than this. Would be a massive, colossal win for the Academy finally making some progress with what kind of stuff it will nominate if this got in. 

Yeah definitely.

But someone posted a deadline article After the premier and said the members of the Academy at the After party were positive.

It's a comedy but It has the social lecture, so i think if really a great success It willl happen After all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

barbie.png

I do wonder how much damage this one red score is doing.

barbie1.png

On 47 not that much maybe but i mean It's new York post. Is 25-40 for the 90% of the Hollywood studio blockbusters cause they are woke 😅

Edited by vale9001

What’s the over under on Barbie reviews plummeting once countries with feminist views which don’t match American and British views start coming in  , and what percentage do they account for 

Edited by hasanahmad

It won’t happen, but I think it would be hilarious if Barbenheimer beat Endgame’s OW and was advertised by the trades as being the new record lol. We just don’t even separate the two at all anymore, they are one. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Just now, hasanahmad said:

What’s the over under on Barbie reviews plummeting once countries with feminist views which don’t match American and British views start coming in  , and what percentage do they account for 

Pretty much all reviews on RT is from USA and UK so honestly, hardly anything 

Just now, Deep Wang said:

Oh man, predictions were already getting out of hand and these reviews aren’t helping any lol

There is no point in staying reasonable and conservative. After this mostly dreadfull summer we finally have a true movie event on our hands. This may be the last chance for us all to completely drown in our hype for a very long time.

Barbie was coming for 165M even with bad reviews anyway 🤣.

Now chances for 175-180.

In the UK It's gonna beat according to estimations the Lion king OW by a bit .

Lion king made 191 in the US 

That's the range. 

Edited by vale9001

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

There is no point in staying reasonable and conservative. After this mostly dreadfull summer we finally have a true movie event on our hands. This may be the last chance for us all to completely drown in our hype for a very long time.

And it’s not even unfounded either. The hype is next level at this point. It does feel No Way Home esque honestly. 

Just now, vale9001 said:

On 47 not that much but i mean It's new York post. Is 25-40 for the 90% of every Hollywood studio blockbuster cause they are woke 😅

I know a red score that low has more impact on MC than just a regular average, once that was posted is when it instantly dropped nearly 10 points - albeit ofc with less reviews than now. But yeah fucking New York Post lmfao, no idea why MC even has them included.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

And it’s not even unfounded either. The hype is next level at this point. It does feel No Way Home esque honestly. 

Imagine 200 - 208M for Barbie and 70-75M for Oppenheimer.

I mean it doesnt feel right just typing it but the fact that it is actually possible both movies go that high is just amazing.

Truly historic weekend incoming. Barbenheimer has come to save cinema.

• Thanks 1