grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

3 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Anyone stunned by this would be an idiot or the few posters here adamant this was another Detective Pikachu or whatever

I understand betting against Nolan is foolish but Oppenheimer is his toughest sell yet, he placed 2nd before Big Hero 6 in the past and is going against a media savy IP

Barbie and Oppenheimer don't have the same audience. They will both do well. Barbie because it's being marketed well and is a big brand and Oppenheimer because of the Nolan name

Presales for wed 19th july are open in New Zealand too. I don't know if this is still a surprise for someone but i want to remember there are still 34 days to this movie. And Red means SOLD.

These are all the six showings that day in just 2 different cinemas. 

barbie6.pngbarbie77.pngbarbie8.png

barbie9.png

barbie10.png

barbie11.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Presales for wed 19th july are open in New Zealand too. I don't know if this is still a surprise for someone but i want to remember there are still 34 days to this movie. And Red means SOLD.

These are all the six showings that day in just 2 different cinemas. 

barbie6.pngbarbie77.pngbarbie8.png

barbie9.png

barbie10.png

barbie11.png

These are also only chicks night screenings ($40 TP).

33 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

These are also only chicks night screenings ($40 TP).

yeah some of them are even 50 NZ dollars for a ticket 💀

it's called night ladies special but i don't think if you're a man you can't get a ticket 💀

Edited by vale9001

I am shocked at some of the people I am hearing from that want to see this. If the reviews are any good, this may well be a giant oqerperformer. There is, without question, a tangible thirst for originality at the moment.

5 hours ago, excel1 said:

I am shocked at some of the people I am hearing from that want to see this. If the reviews are any good, this may well be a giant oqerperformer. There is, without question, a tangible thirst for originality at the moment.

What’s your prediction for this film if the reviews aren’t good?

1 hour ago, Borobudur said:

The buzz and hype for this movie is certainly building in real world, hope this don't behave like other WB films that just dying down in the final week up to the release. 

WB should’ve never sold to a d list fly over state network/corporation like Discovery. David Zasalv has zero clue how to succeed in the film industry. 

With that being said I hope that The Flash final trailer getting 31 million views in less than one month will let the Barbie stans know that just because a film trailer gets millions of views on YouTube and twitter doesn’t mean that it’s going to smash at the box office. The Transformers and The Flash trailers got nearly double the YouTube views of TLM and Across the Spiderverse and we see who’s winning that war at the box office.

this movie has sold already over 10k tickets in new zeland from few shows in just one day in like 40 screens, and a month before the release, with some 250-300 seats places sold out and we stil have post asking IF it's gonna be a smash

😭

Edited by vale9001

3 hours ago, joselowe said:

WB should’ve never sold to a d list fly over state network/corporation like Discovery. David Zasalv has zero clue how to succeed in the film industry. 

With that being said I hope that The Flash final trailer getting 31 million views in less than one month will let the Barbie stans know that just because a film trailer gets millions of views on YouTube and twitter doesn’t mean that it’s going to smash at the box office. The Transformers and The Flash trailers got nearly double the YouTube views of TLM and Across the Spiderverse and we see who’s winning that war at the box office.

The Barbie trailer has twice as many likes as that Flash trailer. So did Across the Spiderverse. It's a completely different thing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Barbie trailer has twice as many likes as that Flash trailer. So did Across the Spiderverse. It's a completely different thing.

also 33M views for a comedy (for women) it's a lot, it's like taking the double or even more a for blockbuster action movie which has a more internet cultured audience. As you said from the numbers of like that kinda of movie has a biggest passive online audience. 

Edited by vale9001

plus this audience doen't care about reviews, like it didn't care to super mario bros audience. 

What's really matters for first weekend is how good wom is. 

Another 18th july release as Mamma mia, very similar to this movie for the target could reach (female and gays loving a camp summer comedy) got bad reviews and ends its journey with 609M WW, 910M with today inflation 🥶

Edited by vale9001

17 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

What I’m saying is social media views and likes don’t dictate the success of a film. For music yes since billboard includes social media data into chart points but social media likes and views don’t dictate the success of a movie.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, joselowe said:

What I’m saying is social media views and likes don’t dictate the success of a film. For music yes since billboard includes social media data into chart points but social media likes and views don’t dictate the success of a movie.

ask normani and chloe

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joselowe said:

sold out previews one month before the release make it. 

While you're still talking about likes and view this is New Zeleand 

barbie12.png

I made an estimation and just with 19th july previews from just 15 cities and just around 130 total showings the movie should make 70-80k american dollars.  Estimation from just 15 cities 30 days before the preview.

You should just get ready for the Kenapocalypse!. 

• Thanks 1