grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m actually curious about what the Cinemascore will be. 

Yeah that's the most interesting thing for sure. I don't get why people care about critics. I mean you can been interested for several reasons, It's your right, but It's almost irrelevant for the box office, especially in this case. Cinemascore meanwhile....

Edited by vale9001

24 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

And July 9th is just some social embargo? or full review embargo?

As for the reviews, comedy is subjective, so there will be people who are not in the same wavelength as the movie I am sure. But as most well reviewed comedies go, if the movie is well made, well crafted and have something extra to it other than trying to get laughs, like some kind of emotional beat, I think it could be well reviewed. 

Reviews apparently 

46 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Reviews apparently 

I see. I thought he reported that it was 2 days before the movie's coming out just a few days ago, and basically implying WB is hiding something. Maybe I am mistaken, lol. 

y'all need to stop looking at this world of reel shit. it's not a legit website, it's not legit reporting, and it's not even big enough to care about what it does in an outraged manner.

no joke, I've heard about this guy like 5 times in this thread and 0 times outside of it. that's how relevant he is.

• Like 1

Has it been discussed at all that a lot parents think this is a kids movie? Is the studio being irresponsible with their advertising (I honestly don't know, haven't seen the trailers or TV spots) but they clearly haven't done enough to let parents know it's not a kids movie.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Yeah that's the most interesting thing for sure. I don't get why people care about critics. I mean you can been interested for several reasons, It's your right, but It's almost irrelevant for the box office, especially in this case. Cinemascore meanwhile....

I expect it to be bad b/c a lot of parents are taking their kids and don't realize it's not a kids movie 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rebelscum86 said:

Has it been discussed at all that a lot parents think this is a kids movie? Is the studio being irresponsible with their advertising (I honestly don't know, haven't seen the trailers or TV spots) but they clearly haven't done enough to let parents know it's not a kids movie.

Just from the few trailers I have seen, it feels like a movie for at least teenagers or older. But then again, there were so many movies with violence that I have grown up watching, I am not sure if this is really that inappropriate for kids.

4 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Have you seen it? Is it TLJ of Barbie and women who actually loved their Barbies are going to hate it? B/c the 1st review kind of sounds like that's what it's hinting at. Their are millions of women who don't resent Barbie and hope the filmmakers know that.

Just now, rebelscum86 said:

Have you seen it? Is it TLJ of Barbie and women who actually loved their Barbies are going to hate it? B/c the 1st review kind of sounds like that's what it's hinting at. Their are millions of women who don't resent Barbie and hope the filmmakers know that.

They've seen it and have spoken repeteadly about how they don't think audiences will be bad at all

7 minutes ago, rebelscum86 said:

I expect it to be bad b/c a lot of parents are taking their kids and don't realize it's not a kids movie 

who said it's not?. Gags (sometimes with double senses), some meaningful moment and an easy plot. Why Marvel it's for kids and Barbie isn't?. 

4 minutes ago, rebelscum86 said:

Women are not so petulant and annoying, please. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, rebelscum86 said:

Just because it is a movie for adults it doesn't mean that it cannot also be a movie for kids. 

Just because it is for one thing, doesn't mean that it is against another thing, lol. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, rebelscum86 said:

In one of the trailers Barbie literally gets her ass slapped by a guy, I'm pretty sure they are making it clear it's not exactly for kids. And if parents still take their kids to a movie that's PG-13 without checking up on it first, that's on them.

I doubt it will affect anything though, that kind of stuff almost never does unless it's like a Batman Returns level "oh shit". Anyways, that's all I have to say about that cause this will derail the thread quickly otherwise.

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

y'all need to stop looking at this world of reel shit. it's not a legit website, it's not legit reporting, and it's not even big enough to care about what it does in an outraged manner.

no joke, I've heard about this guy like 5 times in this thread and 0 times outside of it. that's how relevant he is.

Sorry it's my bad. Maybe it felt like people refer to his intel a lot. But yeah his site doesn't feel legit, even though it pops up on newsfeed and stuff. 

from all the letterbox accounts an user posted seems a lot better than i thought.

The female audience is loving (from the rom com fan to the most "sophisticated" user)  but men are loving too. There are 2 mens there are fans of cinecomic and "male movies" and they liked it too a lot, even over John Wick for both. Another man have it after Spider Man, Past Lives and Air.

I think an around 75 on MC could be possible. 

12 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

women are just as cruel and abusive as men online , especially fandom shippers

women are not so petulant about movies (especially when it's about the supposed woke "crimes"). At least they're not fox news anchors of course. 

also are we really comparing this to Star wars?. This have not a fandom we can compare to that in any form. Women like a doll and that's all, and the mania around this movie is for its cast, the director, how they're selling it etc.. not because there Barbie fans have particular movie expecations about a barbie movie like it's a book or already a movie in the past. 

The comparison with the most fanatic fanbase ever existed is really out of touch. But even with something with a moderate fan base. 

Edited by vale9001

I mean maybe warner knows better cause they have watched the movie so...the movie is simply entertaining and fun for kids too?.😅

I'm trying to understand what is anti Kids and anti Little girls especially a movie with a trailer where Barbie Land became real as in their better dreams. 

What is anti Kids in a less than 2 hours movie seems Pink, goofy and fun and what is pro Kids in a 3 hours and 18 minutes movie about people fighting like end game? 

Edited by vale9001