grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

On 10/4/2023 at 11:21 AM, Morieris said:

Would have been better without all the junk at the top, honestly even without Margot and Ryan. Just the B on pink. We all know what it is. We don't just have to slap the same promo material on our physical media releases.

/also haven't seen it but has Feelings.

If it's the steelbook edition it might just be a slip that comes off. But I do think legally the 4k stuff has to be on there.

...is it possible WB fumbled the biggest bag in history and didn't instantly book her for her next project 

On 10/4/2023 at 5:21 PM, Morieris said:

Would have been better without all the junk at the top, honestly even without Margot and Ryan. Just the B on pink. We all know what it is. We don't just have to slap the same promo material on our physical media releases.

/also haven't seen it but has Feelings.

For what i read this Is the home video cover only for Japan. 

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

If it's the steelbook edition it might just be a slip that comes off. But I do think legally the 4k stuff has to be on there.

...is it possible WB fumbled the biggest bag in history and didn't instantly book her for her next project 

Wasn't it supposed to be Netflix's Narnia next? Or is there no timeline for that?

To be fair, Greta has said to not be interested in a sequel for Barbie. Not to mention that story of Barbie in the movie is pretty conclusive.

It's pretty possible the next Barbie movie will be a new story with a new Barbie.

4 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Wasn't it supposed to be Netflix's Narnia next? Or is there no timeline for that?

If Greta is lucky Netflix fires her so she can do more interesting stuff than noonecares Narnia.

Edited by Mojoguy

13 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

If Greta is lucky Netflix fires so she can do more interesting stuff than noonecares Narnia.

I do think it could be interesting because we’d see her doing something so different from her usual work, but it being Netflix does give me pause.

Also, you say nobody cares about Narnia (untrue but sure), but I wonder if maybe she does? She’s attached to it after all. 

Either way, we will wait and see I guess 

1 hour ago, Kon said:

To be fair, Greta has said to not be interested in a sequel for Barbie. Not to mention that story of Barbie in the movie is pretty conclusive.

It's pretty possible the next Barbie movie will be a new story with a new Barbie.

Even if it's not a Barbie project the possibility that WB may not have instantly agreed to fund whatever she did next would be insane. If they can roll it out for Nolan and Yates they can for her

Edited by SpiderByte

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Why are you acting like WB fumbled the bag when she's had her next project lined up for like a year?

Edit: we've known for it for a year she's probably been attached much longer. 

Edited by Scubasteve716

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I do think it could be interesting because we’d see her doing something so different from her usual work, but it being Netflix does give me pause.

Also, you say nobody cares about Narnia (untrue but sure), but I wonder if maybe she does? She’s attached to it after all. 

Either way, we will wait and see I guess 

Netflix is well known for quickly canceling stuff, like many shows. 

We already had a Narnia BBC series and 3 movies, so it seems like a waste for Greta to be stuck on 2 Narnia for the next few years. I guess it depends on the contract and how much they want to hold on her.

Maybe she asks to be released from the contract and they let her go if they see she has lost interest. They can both say creative differences so no one looks like the bad guy.

I don't want her doing a Barbue sequel though. The movie is fine as a one and done thing.

Greta needs to do a low budget horror next or something.

55 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Narnia was pre-Barbie. Directors get attached to stuff they move on from all the time. Remember Taika Waititis Akira?

Genuinely confused what this has to do with anything. Also confused why you're acting like it's an impossibility that she's contracted to work on the film and or that she want's to do the Narnia stuff. If she has a contract to do Narnia, she want's to do Narnia, and things are working how they want it to then she'll do Narnia. Doesn't matter if WB wants her to do Barbie 2 if she doesn't want to. And before you say money it's not like she's doing a little independent film she's doing a franchise film for Netflix she's obviously getting paid a lot from them too. 

8 hours ago, Scubasteve716 said:

Genuinely confused what this has to do with anything. Also confused why you're acting like it's an impossibility that she's contracted to work on the film and or that she want's to do the Narnia stuff. If she has a contract to do Narnia, she want's to do Narnia, and things are working how they want it to then she'll do Narnia. Doesn't matter if WB wants her to do Barbie 2 if she doesn't want to. And before you say money it's not like she's doing a little independent film she's doing a franchise film for Netflix she's obviously getting paid a lot from them too. 

You really don't think that there isn't a possibility she might be doing something else after creating a billion plus dollar hit?

You really don't think that there isn't a possibility she might be doing something else after creating a billion plus dollar hit?

Sure - but you’re acting like it’s a guarantee. If she is on to do Narnia and she wants to do Narnia and she’s going through the process and things are working then she’s going to do Narnia. 

Depressed, what could've been (though thumbs up having turned it down to be with family). Well now they're building a list of who to get for the inevitable sequel/the Ken movie (Jonathan Groff being another who was almost in this)! Also hope Greta casts him in a future project.