CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

If you want to know how much Spider-Man 3 would have made without facing two $100+m openers, just look at Iron Man 2. It had a slightly smaller second weekend drop, then faced a $70m Shrek 4 and the weakest Memorial Day openers in a decade. It still only got a 2.44 multiplier.

The absolute best Spider-Man 3 would have done was $370m. Not good coming off a $150m weekend.

Well  most have said ROTS numbers biggest geek, buit you could be right. Its not like SM3 is cream of the crop of the CBF expectations. 

I think  FTF when he wakes up from over  Spidey or anti Tobey love affair, can see this could be the end of Webb's and Andrew's run if this film makes only 700M.

Costs of SM2 Reboot  180-200M advertising budget and 280M production budget.

Sony was freaking insane to bet on  webb and lackluster Andrew so much.. Holy moly!

Kal, that's absolute nonsense. C'mon.

Going by the 2x2 profit Tele.. All dependings on if the costs were 430 or 550M.. Do a google search.. Some are saying SM2 cost over 500+M lol

And anyway you look at it even 430-450 mil in costs SM2 needs 860-880M for sony to put some smiles on exec

faces and save face.

Tele you really think that SM2 opening to 83-91 M versus a 240-350+m Godzla film is going to reach 800+M WW.

I think not. ;)

Edited by Superman001

This is totally random but OMG, this song has been stuck in my head for days now after rewatching This Is The End recently.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4QLZTW8W-IBest ending in a movie ever.Okay, I exaggerated. But still, definitely one of the best.

No you're not exaggerating, it is by far the best. Me and my friends loved it.
  • Like 1

Kal, that's absolute nonsense. C'mon.

It's always nonsense. The worst part is I assume he knows what he writes is nonsense. It's like some crazy self created movie propaganda machine he can't control anymore. SM3's $334m is basically $400m, TASM2 needs to make $950m or more to turn a profit, Disney gets HV money (have no idea where he pulled that one from) and on and on. Edited by FTF
  • Like 2

Going by the 2x2 profit Tele.. All dependings on if the costs were 430 or 550M.. Do a google search.. Some are saying SM2 cost over 500+M lol

I've already posted numbers, using MOS as a guideline, that shows exactly how TASM2 will make money. You're just extrapolating wildly from the largest guesses you can find and going from there.

It's a domestic flop. That's a fact. It will be saved overall by the OS numbers, but in a domestic thread we are allowed to refer to the film as a flop, which it is. It's not just about the numbers, but about the sheer facts that Spidey will lose to X-Men and Captain America. Rewind the clock back a few years and it would have deemed impossible.

• Like 1

The absolute best Spider-Man 3 would have done was $370m. Not good coming off a $150m weekend.

Huh? You cant base that off one movie. If SM3 was on SM2's critical level and SM1's "fun" level, it wouldve done $400M. Its quality would of helped it stand out from S3 and POTC3. With great WOM and a $151M+ weekend, no way it couldnt have reached it. $400M is only a 2.6 multi. With a 3 thats $450M. If it was good it wouldve done it, and Shrek and Pirates wouldve suffered from it. Since they all sucked, they all suffered,
  • Like 1

It was never going to flop or lose money. Who ever thought that?

Oh okay yes with DVD revenue, but everyone is correct that its a bust from the BO revenue.. Thats unheard of with  a SM movie.

Never has a SM flopped at the BO Filmner

PS thanks for answering, I wasnt sure if Sony sold the dvd revenue to Disney as welll. I cant wait to see the trades dig SM2 further embarassment if it posts 660-700+M WW. Ouch

Are you sure, I read it cost $650m and it needed to do Titanic numbers just to break even!
  • Like 2

It's a domestic flop. That's a fact. It will be saved overall by the OS numbers, but in a domestic thread we are allowed to refer to the film as a flop, which it is. It's not just about the numbers, but about the sheer facts that Spidey will lose to X-Men and Captain America. Rewind the clock back a few years and it would have deemed impossible.

The real surprise is Captain America beating it worldwide. Domestically, there was a strong indication that was gonna happen.

Spider Man 3 is by far the most disliked major uber blockbuster of the recent era. 

I'm still surprised by just how much vitriol there was for it. I think it's goofy fun, but goddamn, I still remember seeing it with my buddies and after it was over being surprised by their pissed-off tirades about it. I thought it was weird, then I saw that everyone reacted to it like that.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

I'm still surprised by just how much vitriol there was for it. I think it's goofy fun, but goddamn, I still remember seeing it with my buddies and after it was over being surprised by their pissed-off tirades about it, I thought it was weird, then I saw that everyone reacted to it like that.

Yeah, everybody wanted to do this to Raimi

Posted Image

But I have no hard feelings.

• Like 1

This is totally random but OMG, this song has been stuck in my head for days now after rewatching This Is The End recently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4QLZTW8W-I Best ending in a movie ever. Okay, I exaggerated. But still, definitely one of the best.

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL
  • Like 1