CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Too bad for the 30 day rule or it would still be making money over there.

What's this 30 day rule you speak of?

Ha ha. I heard the ratings have become terrible. True?

Probably. Show is very lame. Watched a couple episodes and lost interest very quickly.

The ratings were great for the first few episodes. But they declined rapidly because the earlier episodes were awful, and the characters were boring. It stays boring until the 13th or 14th episode where the story finally picked up and now IMO it's getting very very good. They were obviously aiming for the story in CA2, but couldn't go there yet because they had to wait for the movie. Now the ratings are stable, but still can't reach the height in the beginning.

• Like 1

When will you start believing Sam? lol

:lol:I do believe. And I'm beyond happy with the numbers. Just a bit questioningly impressed by that OS total. Cause that's a 14M+ OS weekend, barely a drop from last weekend. Edited by Sam

What's this 30 day rule you speak of?

I think it was said in the China thread that Cap has to leave because of the  day rule. Olive and Firedeep can confirm whether or not this is true or if I just it imagined it over there, lol. But yeah that's where I saw it mentioned.

:lol:I do believe. And I'm beyond happy with the numbers. Just a bit questioningly impressed by that OS total. Cause that's a 14M+ OS weekend, barely a drop from last weekend.

It was May Day weekend. 

• Like 1

A Cap solo movie with $115m in China. Crazy number. How high will TA2 go? $200m perhaps?

TF4 should show us how big can a movie be in China right now.

• Like 1

China only allows a movie to play in theaters for 30 days. :/

Imports?

Man they have a lot of rules for imports.

• Like 1

Is Sunday a normal opening day in China or is that an anomaly?

There's a 3 day holiday that went from Thurs to Sat.  Imports are not allowed to open on a holiday.  So it had to open on a Sunday, a working day no less.

• Like 1

:lol:I do believe. And I'm beyond happy with the numbers. Just a bit questioningly impressed by that OS total. Cause that's a 14M+ OS weekend, barely a drop from last weekend.

Maybe because of Labor Day?

• Like 1

China only allows a movie to play in theaters for 30 days. :/(I think)

That's probably why TASM2 only has one day for the weekend. Waiting until Cap 2 is out of theaters. I don't know really.

That's probably why TASM2 only has one day for the weekend. Waiting until Cap 2 is out of theaters. I don't know really.

never mind, lol. saw B's post.

Why would an Avengers movie make less than IM3 or CA2?

This is not my opinion, I'm just telling you what the other posters are saying in that thread.  Go ask them.