CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Not for a movie with 400m+ in costs. Especially when they get zero dollars from merch.

Cable, TV rights, territorial presales, Bluray, DVD should take care of the last dash to profitability

Edited by zackzack

$14??

Thats the best thing about living in the south, it's still cheap as hell. The theater i usually go to is $4.50 before 6 oclock, but i had to come to the megeplex for Spidey. Still watching 2D, im not about the 3D life.
  • Like 2

Thats the best thing about living in the south, it's still cheap as hell. The theater i usually go to is $4.50 before 6 oclock, but i had to come to the megeplex for Spidey. Still watching 2D, im not about the 3D life.

I'm not bitter about that AT ALL.

• Like 1

Also the villain in Spawn not named John Leguizamo!

I think Sheen and Leguizamo would both prefer if you didn't mention that film, thanks very much. On the other hand, Michael Jai White is cool with it.

• Like 1

I think Sheen and Leguizamo would both prefer if you didn't mention that film, thanks very much. On the other hand, Michael Jai White is cool with it.

Posted Image

• Like 6

Okay, its about to start. IDK how many seats but its a big auditorium with a good size crowd. Me and my gf , and one other couple look like the only date couples, everyone else is families - whole families, dads with their sons, moms with daughters, nice mix of black, white, and hispanic. The you gest kid looks about 5 or younger.Yall know how much ive been anticipating this, I hope it doesnt disappoint after how much ive stuck up for this movie. Keeping an open mind, ill let yall know how it goes. Leggo! Also the bathrooms here are ghetto, they got tissue boxes out to dry hands.

• Like 4

I pay about $8.50 for most movie tickets, but that's because I buy the AMC and Regal passes from Costco. Tickets are normally $12 here. ($10 for matinees).

Weirdly the PacSci IMAX screen, I believe it's always $14, whether or not it's 3D. I've kinda lost my desire to see anything that wasn't shot with some IMAX footage there, though.

• Like 1

Well, yeah, that's what OS is for

Not talking about BO revenues, more like marketing, publicity, just like WB/Legendary offset a good chunk of their budget on MOS thanks to a few partnerships. 

Edited by RonSwanson
  • Like 1

Not talking about BO revenues, more like marketing, publicity, just like WB/Legendary offset a good chunk of their budget on MOS thanks to a few partnerships. 

OHHH Gotcha.

Guessing they're making a lot of money of UPS and Baskin Robbins then

was watching Graham Norton with Jackman/Fass/McAvoy. A lot of time was spent showing them McFassy slash pictures and reading slash stories (one involving a pregnant James). I was crying.

• Like 3