CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

It's only 5:30 on the West Coast.  We've got a long time to kill before we get any reliable numbers.

I'm watching the Rangers and Penguins and flipping through here, hoping RTH graces us with his presence.

• Like 1

Variety have pulled of a Nikki by giving us the complete estimates

“The Amazing Spider-Man 2″ looks likely to hold well on Saturday with $33 million to $34 million, thanks to strong tracking among younger moviegoers, with an add on of about $23 million on Sunday.

33-36 + 33-34 + 23 => 89-93

Also,

Brazil opened Thursday $3.2 million, the third biggest opening day for that market and 121% ahead of 2012′s “Amazing Spider-Man”...

India saw the biggest opening day for a U.S. title with $2 million as did Malaysia with $1.5 million, 98% ahead of “The Amazing Spider-Man.”

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Variety have pulled of a Nikki by giving us the complete estimates

33-36 + 33-34 + 23 => 89-93

That 93 million would be dead on the money for my prediction.

I love the fact that when TASM came out and the Spidey friends who were expecting 300+ had to settle to the decline of the franchise all said that it's a decent number for the reboot and the sequel will bring Spidey back where it belongs - the reality now that 250m is a pipe dream and TASM2 will finish under Winter Soldier and X-Men. I don't know what flop is if TASM2 is not one. 

• Like 2

I love the fact that when TASM came out and the Spidey friends who were expecting 300+ had to settle to the decline of the franchise all said that it's a decent number for the reboot and the sequel will bring Spidey back where it belongs - the reality now that 250m is a pipe dream and TASM2 will finish under Winter Soldier and X-Men. I don't know what flop is if TASM2 is not one. 

Not a flop just under-performing.

• Like 1

i'm thinking around 32m to 33m friday... about 30m saturday with a close to 20m sunday.......... ;)

EDIT - right in line with my BSG prediction too

Edited by Jajang and Back Again
  • Like 1