CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Did it really? Cinemascore doesn't mean much it seems but it had an A-, it was decently to well received, and I'm talking about the GA, not the internet crowd. It being a reboot hurt it, but I'm eternally grateful that Sony did that, because me & a lot of others LOVE Webb, Andy & Emma's take on the material.

If this one falls to about 220-235 in NA and stays even globally, then yes, there was apathy towards it.  

• Like 2

If it follows average of TA/IM3:8.7M Previews26.8M Friday30.7M Saturday (+14.5%)23.2M Sunday (-24.4%)89.4M OW80.7M Fri-SunBUT, having 7PM previews would suggest a track that has a larger Saturday increase, so >+30% seems pretty reasonable, which puts it on the expected track for low-mid 90s..

Agree with this. Earlier start times have tended to depress Friday and inflate Saturday. Won't be surprised with a >30% increase today TBH.
  • Like 1

+35% would take them close to 97m

35.5 + 36.18 + 25(-31%) = 96.68m

35% is very optimistic.

Edited by baumer

I've just got back to a laptop but WTF was TASM2? That movie is fucking weird to say the least. A great scene followed by an appalling one for two and a half hours.

Haven't seen it yet, but what you describe sounds like too many cooks in the kitchen.

• Like 2

I would have agreed if the number was 35.02M, but 35.5 seems Puerto Rico more than fudging - will give Sony the benefit of the doubt on this.

Given their shenanigans with SM3/TASM midnights, why would you? :lol: What they did there was more Orwellian and absurd than even Puerto Rico. Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 4

Didn't Iron Man 3 and Avengers have 8pm Thur previews?

Avengers had midnights IIRC. The early previews became a thing after TDKR

• Like 5

35% is very optimistic.

true.

+31-32% sat & 30-31% sunday drop wouldn't surprise me though, for 35.5 + 35.25(+31.5%) + 24.5(-30.5%) = 95.25

94m at least looks legit.

Edited by a2k

true.

+31-32% sat & 30-31% sunday drop wouldn't surprise me though, for 35.5 + 35.25(+31.5%) + 24.5(-30.5%) = 95.25

94m at least looks legit.

I'm more suspicious than you.  I think it drops to about 92 mill.  95 is way too high imo.

• Like 2

The interesting thing about the international weekend gross is that it only gets one day (Sunday) in China.  

• Founder / Operator

I'm more suspicious than you.  I think it drops to about 92 mill.  95 is way too high imo.

I'm not sure why $95m is such a common projection here today. It's possible, but it's definitely on the high-end of outcomes at this point (based on comparison movies).

• Like 2