Punishment

Weekend Actuals 5/2-5/4 TASM 91.6, TOW 14.4, HIFR 8.6, Rio 7.7, CA 7.8

While I did enjoy the movie a lot myself, and I find the amount of hate it's getting pretty baffling, I can't say I'm a not little disappointed at the numbers.At the theater I work at, I've been through monster movies like TDKR and IM3, and while I wasn't expecting to be THAT busy, I was expecting to be very busy this weekend. We were not. We were actually kind of slow to be honest. We were way overstocked and overstaffed. I guess everyone thought we'd be really busy.Oh how the mighty have fallen. Adjusted for inflation and 3D, SM1 did the same business TDK and MTA did. SM2 did better than TDKR and even SM3 destroyed the OW record and we still debate over whether or not it had the highest attended OW. To see that this movie can't even hit 100 with inflation and 3D brings a certain pain to my heart. I say this as a Spider-Man fan and a box office enthusiast.

• Like 3

While I did enjoy the movie a lot myself, and I find the amount of hate it's getting pretty baffling, I can't say I'm a not little disappointed at the numbers.At the theater I work at, I've been through monster movies like TDKR and IM3, and while I wasn't expecting to be THAT busy, I was expecting to be very busy this weekend. We were not. We were actually kind of slow to be honest. We were way overstocked and overstaffed. I guess everyone thought we'd be really busy.Oh how the mighty have fallen. Adjusted for inflation and 3D, SM1 did the same business TDK and MTA did. SM2 did better than TDKR and even SM3 destroyed the OW record and we still debate over whether or not it had the highest attended OW. To see that this movie can't even hit 100 with inflation and 3D brings a certain pain to my heart.I say this as a Spider-Man fan and a box office enthusiast.

I feel your pain. I couldn't even bring myself to believe that it would make under 100m,

So what kind of drop is Spidey in for next weekend? 60%+?

I think it will be the normal high 50s drop these kinds of films get during the school time (Iron Man 3, Thor 2, 300 2). I read that ASM 2 is heavily skewing families and there is nothing for families next weekend. 

• Like 1

No one could have seen The Quite Ones coming. A 250% Friday increase? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

And an under 50% drop over the weekend. Those damn legs are starting to kick in.