Films

Wednesday Numbers. THE AMAZING YOU NEED TO GO AND SEE OTHER WOMAN- 1.2M, TASM2- 4.1M

Lethal Weapon is Mel Gibson and Danny Glover. Anyone else will be pretenders. It's like making a Smokey and the Bandit without Burt Reynolds, a Terminator film without Arnold Schwarzenegger or a Bourne film without Matt Damon.

;) 

• Like 4

Franchises are like old fine wine to Tele. You buy them to show off to others as part of a collection, but you never actually uncork them, because who knows what the hell will come out.

• Like 1

There's a reason all these 80s and 90s franchises are getting reboots. All the young(ish) suits liked the originals cuz they grew up with them and they're creatively bankrupt, so the "safe bet" is to reboot.

Gotta love nostalgia  

Edited by Clavius

My principles, not theirs. :)

Well, technically, you are Hollywood, so why don't you call Joel Silver and tell him it's a bad idea.  :)

There's hardly any originality in Hollywood anymore.  Seriously.  If there's a film that doesn't interest you, don't support it with your dollars.  Getting bent out of shape over it getting made doesn't do anything.

Using my fingers to type out words on a computer is not getting bent out of shape. LMAO. And yes, there is originality still. But it's becoming rarer and rarer. Also, the originality I'm speaking of is relative. Is the movie Lincoln original? No. It's based on history. But due to a number of factors, it's an original in my book. 

Lethal Weapon is Mel Gibson and Danny Glover. Anyone else will be pretenders. It's like making a Smokey and the Bandit without Burt Reynolds, a Terminator film without Arnold Schwarzenegger or a Bourne film without Matt Damon.

;)

Posted Image

• Like 1

There have been remakes and reboots as long as there has been a film industry, going back to the silent film days. Hitchcock even did his own remakes! So, big shrug to the outrage. I'm not saying I think a reboot of Lethal Weapon will be good, but all it will do is bring attention to the original. Some younger people who might not have bothered with such an "old" (to them) movie will end up checking it out compare it to the Thor/Kevin Hart version, and it might serve as a jumping off point for them to delve into other classics, and a new cinephile is born. It's not like remakes erase the real thing from existence. I think people have this vision of the ideal cinemagoer who is naturally interested in movies from all eras, but the real world is never going to work that way.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 2

His line was busy. Were you pitching a PREDATOR remake with Kevin Hart?

Yes, for sure.  He should play Mac.  Maybe Tom Cruise should play Billy and Zac Efron can play Blaine.

• Like 1

There have been remakes and reboots as long as there has been a film industry, going back to the silent film days. Hitchcock even did his own remakes! So, big shrug to the outrage. I'm not saying I think a reboot of Lethal Weapon will be good, but all it will do is bring attention to the original. Some younger people who might not have bothered with such an "old" (to them) movie will end up checking it out compare it to the Thor/Kevin Hart version, and it might serve as a jumping off point for them to delve into other classics, and a new cinephile is born. It's not like remakes erase the real thing from existence. I think people have this vision of the ideal cinemagoer who is naturally interested in movies from all eras, but the real world is never going to work that way.

I've been saying this for years.  Remakes bring attention to the originals.  That's why I think they are good.  

• Like 2

His line was busy. Were you pitching a PREDATOR remake with Kevin Hart?

:sadno:

That would be a travesty. Dillon was a badass. LMAO picturing Kevin Hart in the role.

And is that Jerry Seinfeld's brother who tries to shoot Jules and Vincent as he jumps out of the bathroom?  Sure looks like him.

• Like 1

I'm not instinctively against all remakes. I just don't think this one makes any particular sense.

I don't think a lot of remakes make any sense.  Cape Fear didn't either.  But in the right hands, any film with a half decent script and the right talent can be good.

• Like 1