Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

I have an inside source that says that Downey is getting paid about 75 mill for Avengers 3, and that is part of the budget this time.  The budget that will be made public and the actual budget will be different.  This one is going to be north of 325 mill.  

I trust this source.

I would believe it too. I was thinking more like 100M for both Avengers 2 and 3 but RDJ and Disney had a meeting right after Iron man 3's success where everyone was sure he'd get more pay rise. 75M sounds logical.

It's called the classic conversation thread and the thousands of other off topic ones in sub forums we have on here.

Just because i start a thread called "let's socialize" doesn't mean people will end up there. Socializing happens anywhere there are a large group of people. The weekend thread is unique in that there is a lot of waiting going on. So some "off-topic" discussion naturally follows. I think it makes the thread rather rich and fun. Unhail Webb.

• Like 1

Garfield and Stone were only paid 2 million combined for ASM2?!

That seems insanely low.

Multi-picture deals, I guess. Garfield signed up before The Social Network so they could pay him next to nothing. Stone had a much bigger profile, though, so that's kind of odd.

• Like 1

That seems insanely low.

Sony, those cheap bastards, paid Garfield 500K for the first, a million for the second, and I believe 2 million for the third.  I would assume it would be about the same for Stone.

• Like 1

I have an inside source that says that Downey is getting paid about 75 mill for Avengers 3, and that is part of the budget this time.  The budget that will be made public and the actual budget will be different.  This one is going to be north of 325 mill.  

I trust this source.

Crazy, but not too surprising. But at least there is some justification for it. The movie might make $2 billion worldwide, plus they will make a shitload in merchandise. It's the exact opposite scenario of Sony spending an insane amount on the ASM movies and not owning the merchandise rights.

• Like 1

Sony, those cheap bastards, paid Garfield 500K for the first, a million for the second, and I believe 2 million for the third.  I would assume it would be about the same for Stone.

That's insane.  I mean, I know it's not chump change but that's insanely small for leads of this kind of franchise.  I remembered Lawrence getting 500K for the first Hunger Games, which obviously was bigger and she has probably the most star power of any young actor right now, but then her pay jumped to 10 mil for Catching Fire.  I would have thought they were both pocketing around 4-5 a piece for these last two.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 2

That seems insanely low.

Deadline is reporting that Sony is paying Andrew Garfield only $500,000 to play the new Spider-Man. Shocking? Not really…

There is a good article about this here and comparisons such as

While Tobey Maguire was only paid $4 million for the first film, it has been reported that was paid $17.5 million plus 5% back-end for Spider-Man 2, and $15 million plus 7.5% back-end for Spider-Man 3. The actor was supposedly offered $20 million plus a small percentage of backend for the Spider-Man 4 which never happened. 

Fleming also reports that Garfield signed an option for $1 million for a sequel, if that happens. He also has an option for $2 million for a potential third film. Of course, contract options like these mean nothing in Hollywood. If the Spider-Man reboot is a huge success, Garfield will be able to renegotiate his deal for the sequels, like Robert Downey Jr. did with Iron Man 2. And the contact pricetag was not just based on Garfield’s experience. Fleming reports that all of the finalists were presented with the exact same money offer, including the sequel options.

• Like 2

You know, black people have tremendous dicks.  But I don't believe it.  

It's 1:00 AM here and I am already tired. I'm doing some stuff for tomorrow's work and you just made me give the biggest laugh of my day. lol

• Like 1

Just because i start a thread called "let's socialize" doesn't mean people will end up there. Socializing happens anywhere there are a large group of people. The weekend thread is unique in that there is a lot of waiting going on. So some "off-topic" discussion naturally follows. I think it makes the thread rather rich and fun. Unhail Webb.

It's what we are doing now, I understand that. My point was as a moderator CJohn, B are held to a higher standard and should encourage people to be on topic. That's it.

That's insane.  I mean, I know it's not chump change but that's insanely small for leads of this kind of franchise.  I remembered Lawrence getting 500K for the first Hunger Games, which obviously was bigger and she has probably the most star power of any young actor right now, but then her pay jumped to 10 mil for Catching Fire.  I would have thought they were both pocketing around 4-5 a piece for these last two.

And that's why they got a nobody to play Spider-man.  Steady paycheck for 6 years, but one that a name actor would laugh at.  

• Like 1