A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

In two separate Hall D23 sessions, The Walt Disney Studios will unveil an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at its upcoming film slate. At Friday’s session, fans will go in-depth with the talented filmmakers at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios to get a sneak peek at films such as Zootopia and Finding Dory. On Saturday, live-action titles such as Alice Through the Looking Glass and The Jungle Book and films from Marvel and Lucasfilm, along with some very special guests, take center stage.

In two separate Hall D23 sessions, The Walt Disney Studios will unveil an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at its upcoming film slate. At Friday’s session, fans will go in-depth with the talented filmmakers at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios to get a sneak peek at films such as Zootopia and Finding Dory. On Saturday, live-action titles such as Alice Through the Looking Glass and The Jungle Book and films from Marvel and Lucasfilm, along with some very special guests, take center stage.

I need MOANA

Interesting dates for live action "fairy tales"

12/22/17 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 12/22/17 wide

11/2/18 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 11/2/18 wide

3/29/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 3/29/19 wide

11/8/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 11/8/19 wide

anyone have any idea of what they could be? are they more live action versions of animated films? one could be Enchanted 2, and I know "Dumbo" is in the works.. and a Alladin "Genie" film I believe.. would those really count as fairy tales though? I have a feeling it's just a matter of time before a Live action Little Mermaid. and some incarnation of "Lion King" seems very likely too.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

For Lion King, they are probably thinking about a CU, I am serious.

Lion King was bigger than Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3 & Frozen back in the day.

It s probably Disney s biggest intellectual property in traditional animation.

They have big plans for this.

I highly doubt it will be a one shot affair.

Possibly, there is a gold mine in something live action if you asked me. but considering it's source was based partially on hamlet I wouldn't if they would actually make the story about humans.. well I have this awesome Idea. about an Africa prince being betrayed by his uncle and exiled in the jungle where he befriends a lion. or something along those lines maybe not a CU, but possibly a trilogy. you could makes this super intellectual and epic with enough care. this is arguably disney's most beloved property ever kind of a tall order to fill.. that is of course if it is even in the works.

Disney is doing a Lion King TV show.

They have done animated lion king before. I used to watch it. they can still do a live action movie. the fact that they are doing this seems to lend more credence working towards someone theatrical if you asked me.   

Lion King came out right after Jurassic Park, I bet Disney dreams of that sweet nostalgia spot Universal hit hard with Jurassic World.

Hell, Paramount probably asked Zemeckis if he had any ideas on how the Buba Gump Shrimp business has been doing all this time.

Edited by The Futurist

A live action Lion King film would be tricky to pull off especially there are no humans in it. The Jungle Book will likely be a good test for Disney to see if a photorealistic talking animal film can be a huge hit but then again if they managed to pull off a hugely successful stage musical based on the film which is a lot harder to do on paper than I think a live action film with CG animals could work

Edited by Jonwo

Hell, Paramount probably asked Zemeckis if he had any ideas on how the Buba Gump Shrimp business has been doing all this time.

Winston Groom will not allow them to adapt his sequel, and would probably sue them if they tried to make their own sequel to the movie. He was royally pissed that he was screwed out of royalties/profit participation because Paramount officially claimed the film did not make a profit.

So no Forrest Gump sequel, ever.

I can't see how Lion King would work in live action. If it was all CGI animals, it would be redundant. The only way would be to do something in the style of the Broadway musical, and I don't think that would translate to film anyways.

Edited by TServo2049

Harrison Ford will give viewers exclusive preview of the Star Wars-themed lands in the works at Disneyland and Walt Disney World during ABC’s The Wonderful World of Disney: Disneyland 60 special which is airing on ABC on February 21. The network promises new details will be revealed for the lands, which are now under construction in both Anaheim and Orlando parks.

and some more details ...

http://deadline.com/2016/01/han-solo-star-wars-lands-disneyland-first-look-1201691692/

Maybe they will show also some production details of the upcoming movies or ...?

Not sure about in which thread something like that belongs to, for me it's about potential SW details/news

On 10/8/2015 at 7:00 PM, Kalo said:

Interesting dates for live action "fairy tales"

12/22/17 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 12/22/17 wide

11/2/18 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 11/2/18 wide

3/29/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 3/29/19 wide

11/8/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 11/8/19 wide

anyone have any idea of what they could be? are they more live action versions of animated films? one could be Enchanted 2, and I know "Dumbo" is in the works.. and a Alladin "Genie" film I believe.. would those really count as fairy tales though? I have a feeling it's just a matter of time before a Live action Little Mermaid. and some incarnation of "Lion King" seems very likely too.

Fairy tales are worth 500 m WW typically.

Another reliable cash cow for Disney.

They're not playing around.