A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

13 hours ago, Maggie said:

John Boyega- ?

Henry Cavill- Hyperion

Jodie Comer- Spider-Woman

Daisy Edgar-Jones- Sue Storm

John Krasinski- Reed Richards

Giancarlo Esposito- Galactus/Professor X

Denzel Washington- Magneto/Professor X

Edit: John Boyega could be Reed Richards as Daisy Edgar-Jones is just 24 years old. It would be weird if they cast Daisy opposite John Krasinski.

Edited by Factcheck

Can we please keep Cavill (and any rumors of him) away from the MCU (not that I love them much more these days)..?  He's like a gnat that flies to every genre project and sits on it until it dies a slow death...  I think Feige's smarter than that.  The above snark just came to my head spontaneously, so it must mean something...  😂 

Edited by Macleod
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

40 minutes ago, Seth Irskens said:

At this point I really don't care if he's under contract - Disney Needs to find a loophole to have him removed from the office and fired at once for this kind comment! Just insulting to Walt and smack in the face animation fans of all ages. 

Insulting and out of touch, yes. But nothing that's going to sink the company. Barring a major fiasco like a sex scandal or some tape of him going on a racist diatribe, Bob Chapek isn't going anywhere.

Having said that, he needs to get better at the Media/PR game.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 1:56 PM, JWR said:

I just thought of something interesting:

Under Bob Chapek, Disney has not had a theatrically exclusive hit outside of the MCU.

I am not defedning Chapek, but every film released so far in his tenure was greenlit by past administrations,so you really can't blame Chapek for them.

6 hours ago, JWR said:

Insulting and out of touch, yes. But nothing that's going to sink the company. Barring a major fiasco like a sex scandal or some tape of him going on a racist diatribe, Bob Chapek isn't going anywhere.

Having said that, he needs to get better at the Media/PR game.

That could be what kills him. Being CEO of Disney is different; head of Disney is expected to be good at PR and project a friendly, likable image in the tradition of Walt Disney. Image is all important to The Mouse.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

That could be what kills him. Being CEO of Disney is different; head of Disney is expected to be good at PR and project a friendly, likable image in the tradition of Walt Disney. Image is all important to The Mouse.

I think the last year and a half has shown that he is secure as long as investors/the business class are happy with Disney Plus and Disney Parks.

If one of those wobble, he's in trouble then.  If both wobble, then he's on very thin ice.  Just about everything else wouldn't be quite as dire.  I tend to think even the MCU/movie slate getting into trouble wouldn't be an insta-death sentence if Disney Plus/Parks were doing very well, though the temperature would certainly rise if the MCU faded a great deal.  

Now if other things like, say, Hulu or ESPN wobble, that could be bad for him.  But if he can point to Plus and Parks, then I really think he can ride just about anything else out.  Business related, that is.

Or, if we want this in meme form:

6ykdxf.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JWR said:

Chapek seems to have a knack for putting his foot in his mouth, doesn't he? 

If he was the CEO of any other company, this would just be ignorant. typical, but ignorant.

Now it's really ignorant!

• Like 1