A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

A supposed direct to video movie is now being released in theaters. WTF Disney?!

Disney's release schedule is so light that it's good that they're releasing another movie. They can stick it in the theaters and see what it can do. If it flops, then it didn't cost much to release and it'll be out of the theaters before any harm can be done. There probably will not be much marketing for this film. Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

Cars spin-off "Planes" set for theatrical release (8/9/2013)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98312

Sounds like more bad news for the Pixar brand if you ask me. I know it's supposed to be Disney, but I guarantee you that this fact will be lost on a lot of critics and moviegoers who like Pixar. This will be seen as "Another Pixar Sequel," and even if it's good, I seriously doubt this will be close to the level of a Toy Story that they'll be given a pass for it.

TOP MOVIES

[*]623.4 M THE AVENGERS

[*]237.2 M BRAVE

[*]171.7 M WRECK-IT RALPH

[*]116.7 M LINCOLN

[*]073.1 M JOHN CARTER

Iron Man 3: 407M

Monsters University: 330M

Thor: TDW: 300M

OZ: 217M

The Lone Ranger: 169M

No 600M movies but IM3+Thor should be enough. Also 3 300+ movies and no top 5 under 100M, Oz could do less but should do more than 100M.

The Muppets 2 on March 21st, 2014.

Maleficent on July 2nd, 2014 (originally March of 2014).

1952 on December 19th, 2014.

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 on July 10th, 2015.

http://www.boxoffice...=changes&p=.htm

I wonder if 1952 will be a Touchstone production, does anyone know? It's a pretty dramatic story, I doubt they'd release it under the Disney name...

Edit: I had this mixed up with that earthquake film. But this is an original sci-fi, supposedly starring Clooney. So that would be fine under the Disney name I guess.

Edited by PatrickvD