A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

14 minutes ago, Ladybug said:

@PlatnumRoyce Sir, this is a Wendy's (BOF Forum).

Weird comment when I come into an active thread and see most of the recent comments talking about this topic (including yours, which I replied to). It would be a valid criticism if not for fact you're clearly just trying to dunk on me because you're reading implied politics in the comment that aren't there. It's just silly political shitposting. 

But again, Nielsen's surprisingly strong Mando numbers are surprising! 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

2 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

But again, Nielsen's surprisingly strong Mando numbers are surprising! 

Are they?  I do think they're down somewhat (most thanks to Wed/Fri comparisons).  But at the same time the fact that it pulled a little more than 200m minutes viewed before any new episodes dropped the week before the premiere plus the (IMO at least) surprising strength of The Book of Boba Fett should have shown that there was still a very healthy audience for Mando.

I personally think the bigger tell will be how much erosion there will be as the season goes on/how much it picks up as the season ends.

(and, frankly, let this be a lesson to folks who put too much stock into Samba TV's numbers)

((not that Samba TV is totally worthless, but... Well, when they tried to claim that the finale of Fett was more viewed than the finale of Mando S2, that's when *I* knew they had jumped the shark))

(((Well, once the Nielsen numbers came in at any rate :lol:)))

Edited by Porthos

13 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

These are...not quite as exculpatory as previously intended. This could definitely be read as an "I'm sorry I fell down those stairs" type thing. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, he obviously did that shit. The truth is there are plenty of people accused of domestic violence in Holywood, so if he had a competent lawyer it wouldn't have sunk him, but it doesn't seem like he does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Are they?  I do think they're down somewhat (most thanks to Wed/Fri comparisons).  But at the same time the fact that it pulled a little more than 200m minutes viewed before any new episodes dropped the week before the premiere plus the (IMO at least) surprising strength of The Book of Boba Fett should have shown that there was still a very healthy audience for Mando.

I personally think the bigger tell will be how much erosion there will be as the season goes on/how much it picks up as the season ends.

(and, frankly, let this be a lesson to folks who put too much stock into Samba TV's numbers)

((not that Samba TV is totally worthless, but... Well, when they tried to claim that the finale of Fett was more viewed than the finale of Mando S2, that's when *I* knew they had jumped the shark))

(((Well, once the Nielsen numbers came in at any rate :lol:)))

true ! s2 did so well due to all those amazing cameos and unexpected moments ! 5 epi into this season none of the epi created the buzz s2 did ! if they wants to have good views for s3 and to do atleast 10b watch mins in year end chart then they need the last 3 epi to be bangers with some big moments that can trend and create conversations ! like last seasons ashoka,bobba fett and luke moments ! I would say reunion of mando and grogu should have happened in this season instead of book of bobba fett ! that's a big creative mistake + promotions were so low for this season 

11 hours ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Disney retains near total control over reedy creek  and DeSantis’s presidential aspirations are flaming out, I think it’s pretty clear who ultimately won that spat!

Disney embarrassed Desantis, absolutely deserved. That piece of trash has ruined Florida as someone that actually lives in Floria.

Wannabee Fascist Dictator.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

Disney embarrassed Desantis, absolutely deserved. That piece of trash has ruined Florida as someone that actually lives in Floria.

Wannabee Fascist Dictator.

He has made Florida a laughingstock. The indident with Michalangelo's David Statue has gotten massive coverage,and Florida is being ridicules all over the Internet.

IMHO I note that De Santis white house bid seems to be floundering.

Edited by dudalb

On 3/31/2023 at 4:01 AM, Last Man Standing said:

Yeah, he obviously did that shit. The truth is there are plenty of people accused of domestic violence in Holywood, so if he had a competent lawyer it wouldn't have sunk him, but it doesn't seem like he does.

It's definitely murky. It doesn't sound like authorities are convinced yet. It'll depend on how this stuff pans out.

There’s an Investor relations stream on right now (you can skip it) BTW the only thing Universal have are Marvel and Simpsons Park Rights, Namor franchise distribution (the character is going to be public domain soon btw), Hulk franchise distribution, and the distribution for the first Howard The Duck Movie.

it''s funny that ppl still thinking that d+ sub drop happened cause they went woke specially share holders ?! they gained few hundred thousand in us ! they lost subs in india due to loosing the streaming rights for IPL cricket tournament ! i wished iger said that to that d$mb id10t !

In other news with the announcement of live-action Moana I guess they can do with the Memorial Day what they're doing (or plan to do) with December between Avatar and Star Wars, in fact they were kinda doing it before COVID but only Aladdin was a big success on the later years while Pirates 5 was a dissapointment (compared to other movies and the budget), Alice 2 flopped and Solo too. The way I see it going is:

2023 - The Little Mermaid.

2024 - Planet of the Apes 4.

2025 - Hercules.

2026 - Moana 

2027 - Planet of the Apes 5(?)/Untitled Pirates of the Caribbean. 

2028 - Princess and the Frog (rumor)?

2029 - Planet of the Apes 6 (?)

This is going by last year report of Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes setting up a new trilogy.