A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

7 hours ago, HowSway said:

What's a realistic gross for the 3 Disney+ rereleases?

I really don't think anyone's expecting serious numbers. Theyve been out for years, especially by then. It's basically just so that people who always wanted to see it in theaters specifically get appeased (cough including making Pixar staff happy cough)

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Cars 4 would be believable to me though since I don’t think they know what to do for getting boys to buy their merch. They could make appealing new IPs, what an idea. 

It should be pointed out that six of Pixar's last eight movies produced or officially dated have been original. They have largely held up their promise to produce more original movies, so I don't think the sarcasm here is warranted.

I do think another Cars movie is not a good idea and would be disappointed if they decided to throw years of labor and hundreds of millions of dollars into that, but they have been dealt a bad hand the last few years and yes, they did have one big misfire, so I think a certain degree of franchise mining is understandable in the circumstances.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Mickiland16 said:

Top 10 Most downloaded TV-shows on BitTorrent, 2023

There are four Disney Plus shows in the list. All of them are inside the top 5. 

1. The Last of US

2. The Mandalorian 

3. Loki

4. Ashoka 

5. Secret Invasion 

6. Silo 

7. Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

8. Tulsa King

9. Gen V

10. Ted Lasso 

Damn, Monarch is way up there for a show I hear no one talking about. No one's subscribing to Apple TV+, are they?

I know people are dumping on Disney's WDAS for the bombs they made but I think there's some talent there.

I'm curious about Zootopia 2. Also I think that they have great artists there like Fawn Veerasunthorn or Josie Trinidad who could make something outside of the Jennifer Lee mold.

On 12/28/2023 at 7:44 AM, Mickiland16 said:

Top 10 Most downloaded TV-shows on BitTorrent, 2023

There are four Disney Plus shows in the list. All of them are inside the top 5. 

1. The Last of US

2. The Mandalorian 

3. Loki

4. Ashoka 

5. Secret Invasion 

6. Silo 

7. Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

8. Tulsa King

9. Gen V

10. Ted Lasso 

My favorite new streaming show no one else is watching is Silo. At least it is getting a season 2!

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

I know people are dumping on Disney's WDAS for the bombs they made but I think there's some talent there.

I'm curious about Zootopia 2. Also I think that they have great artists there like Fawn Veerasunthorn or Josie Trinidad who could make something outside of the Jennifer Lee mold.

Not optimistic about Fawn's future with the company tbh. Buck and Lee have Frozen to their credit as a safety net and she doesn't, so she seems like the fall guy for Wish.

Think she might be a good creative pickup for Matt Braly's movie with Sony though.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1