CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

20 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Shocking quiet. Logan and Beauty and the Beast, heck even Power Rangers seems to be all anyone is talking about. 

Its a shame because I think Jordan Voigt Roberts will make a fantastic film, but warner bros needs to start a killer ad campaign for this not to bomb.

I think it's overeacting a bit saying there's no hype. There's commercials, billboard's etc... They're doing it, it's just less noticeable because of Logan and BATB. They have that live q&a tomorrow with Tom Hiddleston and Brie Larson AND tickets go live tomorrow as well. I think it'll do fine. I think a 40-50m opening would be decent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

So I went ahead on Fandango (whose mobile site is terrible) to see if our tickets were up and this is getting a 70mm engagement run apparently.

I don't remember seeing that before. Wish I could see that. 

I don't have the exact details of how it was finished, but in all likelihood a 70mm exhibition would have basically no advantages over a digitally-projected one. (A 4K finish isn't going to have the resolution to take advantage of 70mm). 

32 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Another new clip. I won't be watching it. I'm waiting for March 9th.

What's with the blur effect around the edges of the screen? Iv'e noticed it on all the clips so it must be an artistic choice, looks odd :(

Edited by Lavochkin
  • Like 1