CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

3 hours ago, Gokira2012 said:

Kong is in very serious danger

amount of advanced screening between logan ,kong, and beauty and the beast is mind blowing

logan: 7 advanced screenings

beauty and the beast: 10 advanced screenings

Kong: 138 advanced screenings

http://www.advancescreenings.com/

You got some like personal grudge against this movie or something?

Seriously look at the posts on the last few pages and tell me there isn't some bias against this movie/universe

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AgentofMONARCH said:

Seriously look at the posts on the last few pages and tell me there isn't some bias against this movie/universe

He posts a lot in the power rangers thread. I'm thinking he's looking for anything negative about Kong because it's literally the only closest thing to Power Rangers.

Anyway, these screenings will help the film. If the move does pay off we could see a opening weekend of 60-70 I think.

1 hour ago, AgentofMONARCH said:

People here have weird grudges, and they seem to have picked "sides" already. As if WB and Disney are sports teams that you support even when they're playing shit. If you go back and read the Ghostbusters thread (it will infuriate you though), you'll see extreme examples of this. If you defend a movie from announcement, for some reason you're locked into that corner forever and must defend it the whole way through. Same if you were dismissive about it: you now hate on every announcement, sniff at positive tweets, and write paragraph after paragraph about how bad it is.

Oh and btw, "people here" includes me, because Nolan is the king and fuck you if hate on a Nolan movie.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

People here have weird grudges, and they seem to have picked "sides" already. As if WB and Disney are sports teams that you support even when they're playing shit. If you go back and read the Ghostbusters thread (it will infuriate you though), you'll see extreme examples of this. If you defend a movie from announcement, for some reason you're locked into that corner forever and must defend it the whole way through. Same if you were dismissive about it: you now hate on every announcement, sniff at positive tweets, and write paragraph after paragraph about how bad it is.

Oh and btw, "people here" includes me, because Nolan is the king and fuck you if hate on a Nolan movie.

:rofl:

12 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

This is almost funny how much of a 180 degree it goes

A person on another board with connections to WB knew that the embargo was scheduled to be lifted on March 2nd before this tweet was posted. I'm not worried too much about the previous tweet. If anything, I'm expecting a fun blockbuster and nothing more.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Does anyone think this look like it will be great based on the trailers? I'm kinda split myself, I'm expecting reception similar to Legend of Tarzan...

I think it looks decent. I'm way more interested in the director's next movie though

7 minutes ago, Lavochkin said:

This is my second most anticipated movie this year :depp:

What's your most?

1 minute ago, robertman2 said:

I think it looks decent. I'm way more interested in the director's next movie though

Which movie is it?

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

What's your most?

The Last Jedi.

I think the trailers for Kong look great. Visually and stylistically it's very pleasing and i'm just looking forward to an action packed, fun monster movie. I didn't like Jurrasic World very much and thought Godzilla was just okay. This looks great.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Does anyone think this look like it will be great based on the trailers? I'm kinda split myself, I'm expecting reception similar to Legend of Tarzan...

I'm not expecting a reinvention of the wheel but after Last Jedi and Captain Underpants*, it's my most anticipated movie of the year. 

I like monster movies, I love this cast, I love the fact that it's during the Vietnam War. It's just up my alley. 

*high praise, I know.

And that's the thing. It's pretty crazy WB is needing to play "catch up" when this film looks absolutely fantastic. If they play their cards right with the advanced screenings, it could have a really good opening weekend.

Also, it's Facebook likes are getting better on a daily basis now. Could be a good sign for the film.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Well Tarzan did overperform to expectations... So bad reviews may not impact this film too poorly as long as it has GA appeal