CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

31 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Then the multiplier will be worse than Godzilla's anemic 2.19x.

Lol... Love how you turned the April fool's joke back into your true self.

If GE came back for a MonsterVerse film, he'd be welcomed back. Same with Vogt-Roberts.

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Lol... Love how you turned the April fool's joke back into your true self.

If GE came back for a MonsterVerse film, he'd be welcomed back. Same with Vogt-Roberts.

I don't want Gareth back, no way. I didn't realize this was an April Fools joke to get quite honest.

32 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

Still haven't seen this yet.. Most likely, I'll wait for it to come on HBO.. :popcorn: I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea as to how KONG is going to beat something that breathes Radioactive fire and survive, not to mention the size difference???

There isn't much size difference, this is the biggest version of Kong there's ever been.

2 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

KONG is 100 feet.. GODZILLA is something like 300 Feet.. Big Difference with the Radioactive Breath giving him the upperhand..

Kong: Skull Island is set 41 years before Godzilla, so Kong could grow a lot during that time.

7 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

KONG is 100 feet.. GODZILLA is something like 300 Feet.. Big Difference with the Radioactive Breath giving him the upperhand..

Not only was Kong Skull Island took place 40 years ago, but Kong is an adolescent at this time, while he may not be as tall as Godzilla he may be like 250-275 feet when he faces him.

2 hours ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

Well look who's talking again...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Well he was going to do Godzilla 2 so we know he would be interested I'm sure. 

Regardless, Scified is never right unless they discover neat (but pointless) tidbits of information. Like when they found out that the word "the" was in the sequel's title Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

So if it comes from Scified, might as well chalk it up as bullshit, April Fools Day or no.

Edited by NoobSaibot

17 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

Regardless, Scified is never right unless they discover neat (but pointless) tidbits of information. Like when they found out that the word "the" was in the sequel's title Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

So if it comes from Scified, might as well chalk it up as bullshit, April Fools Day or no.

:rolleyes:

So it is at 147.8 million right now. With the Godzilla multiplier from here out it will end with $160-$161 million. 

With basically zero competition next weekend, it should easy do more than that. 

Also it's overseas gross has surprised Godzilla!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hiccup21 said:

So it is at 147.8 million right now. With the Godzilla multiplier from here out it will end with $160-$161 million. 

With basically zero competition next weekend, it should easy do more than that. 

Also it's overseas gross has surprised Godzilla!!

I'm pretty sure Kong has passed Godzilla in the dailys.

Nice, I really was concerned this was gonna not do it.  Fortunately it did (ok I do understand China really made it happen but the domestic is solid, still a solid performance).

I mean it won't actually make more revenue than GodZilla, but still good performance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Looks like a finish above Godzilla WW will happen, it has about another 15-20M to come from domestic alone and probably 10M or more from China.

A far cry from the doom and gloom we had a couple of days before OW.

35 minutes ago, aabattery said:

A far cry from the doom and gloom we had a couple of days before OW.

Didn't hurt that both Power Rangers and Ghost died horrible fiery deaths at the BO though.

Either of those breaking through would've killed Kong's gross.

As it was, it had a pretty good run, all things considered. Higher than expected opening, "good" (i.e. not 60 percent plus) decline at Beauty's arrival, under 50 percent drops versus 2 competing action/scifi movies.

Just now, The Futurist said:

Well, take out the China gross and you have :

150m dom, 200m dom.

VERY different narrative IMO.

Legendary movies are a civic duty over there.

Yeah, but atleast this one didn't bomb dom unlike Great Wall, and Warcraft.

• Like 1