CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

8 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

I wonder if it passes both Rangers and Ghost?

If Kong shows a 40% drop to 3.25 (which would be great considering F8 ow) and Ghost shows a ~55% drop, then Kong could get ahead.

It is likely to beat Rangers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drdungbeetle said:

Rangers had crap legs for some reason, bad even for the type of movie it is. Does Power Rangers only mean anything for 90s kids?

Yeah, pretty much. 1993-1997 were probably the glory years. Then its popularity started to fade.

2 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

Just passed King Kong (2005) WW total with $552 million.

Wow, I always thought Peter Jackson's Kong did more than that. He was hot shit after LOTR, and I there was so much damn hype and promotion for it. I mean, it was literally the only time I'd ever fallen asleep in the cinema, but everyone I knew seemed to like it right.

1 hour ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Wow, I always thought Peter Jackson's Kong did more than that. He was hot shit after LOTR, and I there was so much damn hype and promotion for it. I mean, it was literally the only time I'd ever fallen asleep in the cinema, but everyone I knew seemed to like it right.

I think a lot of people liked it...though I imagine that was...in spite of complaints.  

I also think many didn't go back.  It's a long ass movie.  And it didn't need to be that long (and I quite like it too).

• Like 2

On 4/12/2017 at 11:15 AM, bangbingchan said:

500M ww great for Kong 

Look forward to Kong v Godzilla

I don't know if this is the right place to post this.

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/859962081872797696

1 hour ago

GODZILLA VS KONG will rumble a week earlier than previously announced: 5/22/20 is in, 5/29/20 is out.

• Like 1