CaptainJackSparrow

Godzilla Thurs: 9.3, other thurs #s also: Neighbors 3.5M, ASM2: 1.9M

Its loss of imax will hurt it the most. I think mid 50s drop seems about right...thurs # will be interesting.

Loss of IMAX will hurt, but loss of "small kid and parents" audience will hurt even more. Spidey has been depending heavily on that audience for its gross. Not good if Godzilla is appealing hard to the little kid and parents demo. Then next weekend X-Men swoops in to steal the comic book nerd demographic.

Edited by redfirebird2008

now it feels like a summer kick off.maybe tasm3 will move to 3rd week of may lol.

How so, if it's going to have the same ow give or take? Is it an over performance vs under performance thing?

• Founder / Operator

I think you're way off.  The window is no more than 69.9 to about 109.5.  Come on Shawn.  

When you're right, you're right. I'm so ashamed of myself. I can't bare the humiliation anymore...

Posted Image

• Like 10

How so, if it's going to have the same ow give or take? Is it an over performance vs under performance thing?

meant buzz and excitement. not just bo.

Edited by a2k

Loss of IMAX will hurt, but loss of "small kid and parents" audience will hurt even more. Spidey has been depending heavily on that audience for its gross. Not good if Godzilla is appealing hard to the little kid and parents demo. Then next weekend X-Men swoops in to steal the comic book nerd demographic.

You don't need a ton of family business to hit $18m or so for a weekend, but loss of imax dollars hurt more or just as much I think. Edited by FTF
  • Like 1

I wouldn't call a film that made a billion dollars a disappointment

Yeah i have never understood when people have a go at Pirates 4 over its gross, i mean yeah maybe it underperformed in the US but i doubt Disney were crying over a Billion worldwide.

All due respect to Ray, I think it's a little early to speculate about numbers over $100 million. For all we know, Godzilla had a massive fanboy turnout last night. I think the window is as wide as $70m-110m, with the likely outcome somewhere between $77-90m.

Hey that's my range....Oh alright I guess you posted it first...
  • Like 1