baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

I agree and think Titanic is a phenomenal movie and an unparalleled achievement. I do truly think it is the biggest film of all time when all is considered. James Cameron is my favorite director and I think he is a genius story teller and visual artist. His ability to make stories that resonate with cultures worldwide is a unique and incredible gift. 

I think he will become the first 4-10billion networth film creator Clavius... Make sure you play the Avtar prize game

and watch the haters come out...Juggernaut 2016 will be lucky to make 400-500M or 1B OS Bullshit.

HAH HAH HAHH, little do they understand James combined with working on a long epic will drive even 90 yr olds to a sci

fi or anything he does.. He has established himself as the yoda of perfection in breakthrough and emotional movie

experiences. You know Lucas and Speilberg and Zemekis all spit their drinks when they saw Avatars 1st

and 2n weekend domestically and how it absolutely dominated for months making 100+M weekends overseas in  a way smaller market..

OH MY LORD ON WHAT JAMES IS GOING TO DO IN THESE MUCH MUCH LARGER MARKETS OS  AnD domestic..

;) (Not only the worlds first 3billion dollar film, but could it be I dare say the worlds first film where we see 250 and 450+M made in territorries outside of the US!!!)

Neighbors, Spidey? Forgotten?

no, we talked about them..then some poster took over the thread(i think it was disney).

neighbors - 26m (-47%)

tasm2 - 14-15m (-58-60%)

according to variety.

• Like 1

I agree and think Titanic is a phenomenal movie and an unparalleled achievement. I do truly think it is the biggest film of all time when all is considered. James Cameron is my favorite director and I think he is a genius story teller and visual artist. His ability to make stories that resonate with cultures worldwide is a unique and incredible gift. 

Edit: TA is still a massive success and James Cameron is in his own stratosphere. Thus, I wouldn't compare another film's success to his. Otherwise, everything would be a disappointment. 

Amen Clavius.

There is Avengers and SWs level Box  office

And then you have to come with a new word  for Juggernaut 2016 level boxoffice. It will be a day long remembered

I also think Supermanand Batman are being underestimated vs Avengers. Cant wait.

• Like 1

If Pacific Rim could break out big in China, I don't see why Godzilla couldn't do as well in that country.

Regardless of the amount it pulls, I think it'll do very well there. It can hit the range of $70m+ I just think that its closeness to TF4 might cut it down a bit.

You need to stop confusing internet BS with how folks really want this movie Damie.

Go to toho kingdom and Japanese forums..They ae stoked.. My friends who jap/american says he sees it

getting up to 80-100mil In Japan. So  it is you that could be off your rocker with your it wont beat KK by a mile.

What planet are you on. Godzilla could make 550-700+M OS LOL

The last Godzilla film was a 50th anniversary film. It opened in third, made only about $12m over there, and lost money.

Pacific Rim had a ton of people who were stoked for it in Japan, some of whom were pushing it quite hard. It still only did $14m.

I may have been optimistic when I said it should beat KK's $19m.

But, hey, we'll see. It's not like there's anything else that might strongly compete with it in Japan right around the same time, such as a Studio Ghibli film.

• Like 1

Neighbors'll be the counter-programming to Godzilla and X-Men. It's already a success IMHO. Spidey really dropped the ball.

Yeah I was shocked at its OW.. Did you expect that one Mulder..Wow Neighboors surpassing Spidey so easily for weekend 2