baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Also, implying that Expendables' script was anything close to brilliant:

Posted Image

So much better than Godzilla.

Yep, they pretty much nailed the visual homage to the 1954 film. Unfortunately the story isn't anywhere near as good.

Posted Image

I never really liked that picture as Godzilla looks about 2000 feet in it, it looks a bit silly although i know it was only for marketing.

• Like 1

So I finally watched godzilla yesterday in Imax 3d and I thought it was a good film. Sure it had its problems but that ending was one of the most beautiful shot action scenes I've seen in quite some time, it looked amazing.

and I loved that airport scene, especially how they cut to the little boy watching them fight on the news, that was hilarious

• Like 4

So I finally watched godzilla yesterday in Imax 3d and I thought it was a good film. Sure it had its problems but that ending was one of the most beautiful shot action scenes I've seen in quite some time, it looked amazing.

and I loved that airport scene, especially how they cut to the little boy watching them fight on the news, that was hilarious

:wub:

Get in me.

:wub:

Edited by Clairezilla Hol7
  • Like 3

It is entertaining, but is a big step down from the original. They cut out a lot of the footage that made it so powerful, probably to not offend American audiences.

I like both, and they both ring a similar effect and are warnings against the bomb. Goujira is the better movie.
  • Like 2

One of the writers is a writer for Expendables.  How do you write the brilliant Expendables and then come up with a dud like Godzilla?

Godzilla is a much better movie than the Expendables and has a much better script. The Expendables is only entertaining because old action stars blow stuff up.
  • Like 5

It is entertaining, but is a big step down from the original. They cut out a lot of the footage that made it so powerful, probably to not offend American audiences.

Also most people running studios back then, were really dumb when it came to releasing foreign films. Can you believe the kinds of edits they to did to later Godzilla films. It even affected the titles.

I mean seriously the second Godzilla movie was called Gigantis: The Fire Breathing Monster and Godzilla Vs. Mothra was called Godzilla Vs. The Thing, despite the Mothra film previously being released as Mothra in the U.S.

• Like 2

It was hilarious because it was one of the dumbest parts of the movie.

Lol I'm not even going to argue with you on that but because I went in with low expectations and had already heard negative comments from that particular scene so I enjoyed it. Edited by Jessie

It was hilarious because it was one of the dumbest parts of the movie.

Actually I have to disagree

the dumbest part of the movie was when ATJ told his men to 'be careful' when putting down the nuke even though one of the Mutos had been throwing it around like a rag doll and it was already in a state.

• Like 1