baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Well it did improve :)

Sat Godz 32.3,N 9.8,TASM@ 7.3,MDA 4.3,TOW 2.6,HIFR 1.8,CATWS 1.6

This Saturday # for Cap will put it at 700m exactly. It's at 698,479 now.

• Like 9

You're still not addressing what entertained you though all that time he was gone? Were the characters really that interesting and endearing to you? Not being rude, I just wanna know.

No, the characters weren't amazing, I thought I already said that. I loved how Edwards played with the various monster beats and how he designed the little set-pieces throughout. It was done very elegantly, with a great deal of style and a perfect sense of pacing and reveals.
  • Like 7

I don't feel like I have to watch every animated Justice League movie before I see whatever WB puts out in a few years either. I'm not trying to be harsh, it's not like I have antipathy towards it. There are countless older films I'd like to catch up on and it's not at the top of my list, that's all.

Posted Image

• Like 2

I don't feel like I have to watch every animated Justice League movie before I see whatever WB puts out in a few years either. I'm not trying to be harsh, it's not like I have antipathy towards it. There are countless older films I'd like to catch up on and it's not at the top of my list, that's all.

That's animated thing is a terrible comparison, but fair enough on the priority list.

No, the characters weren't amazing, I thought I already said that. I loved how Edwards played with the various monster beats and how he designed the little set-pieces throughout. It was done very elegantly, with a great deal of style and a perfect sense of pacing and reveals.

Btw. Day Edge of Tomorrow trailer. Nope. Not sold.

Even if the competition wasn't doing well, it'll lose screens to them regardless, so I'm thinking anything past 250m is a stretch. I'll be happy for anything above 200m.

Way over 200M is a lock at this point... The big question is will SM2 make 200m!!  Shoot it was once thought impossible but thanks to Andrew's portrayal and a impotent script...... Sony is going to be doing alot of firing in 2014

Posted Image

• Like 1

Way over 200M is a lock at this point... The big question is will SM2 make 200m!!  Shoot it was once thought impossible but thanks to Andrew's portrayal and a impotent script...... Sony is going to be doing alot of firing in 2014

I think someone's going to get fired because of TASM2's domestic underperformance. Marketing team perhaps?

• Like 1

This Saturday # for Cap will put it at 700m exactly. It's at 698,479 now.

I'm counting on you to drop all the celebratory gifs and pics when they officially report tomorrow morning that it has crossed 700M, E.
  • Like 1

That's animated thing is a terrible comparison, but fair enough on the priority list.

Why is it a bad comparison? For people who love the various DC characters, there are whole sagas that deserve careful viewing, and (presumably) characters done far better than the eventual live-action version. Same here (or for any other genres), if you love the genre or character then exploring the variation cinema versions is worth it. If you're just a casual fan, it may well end up enlightening on one level or another but still perhaps not worth the investment of time, depending on how much they're interested in the first place.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 5

Even if the competition wasn't doing well, it'll lose screens to them regardless, so I'm thinking anything past 250m is a stretch. I'll be happy for anything above 200m.

200m will happen for sure. I mean it would have to have the most toxic WOM possible to miss that. 250m shouldn't really be a "stretch" with a 95m OW either. It's not a comic book movie, or a sequel which are huge advantages for its multi. The only reason for it to even have that poor of a multi besides bad WOM would be if DOFP and Maleficent are both massive hits as well (which is possible).

• Like 1

I'm counting on you to drop all the celebratory gifs and pics when they officially report tomorrow morning that it has crossed 700M, E.

Ha I was counting on you. 

• Like 2

The really big question is can Maleficent beat TASM2 and knock it down to 4th place just among May releases?

Posted Image

• Like 2

Gojira's a 10/10 film. Godzilla 2014's still excellent though and so is Godzilla vs Biollante, GMK, and Godzilla vs Destoroyah. The good stuff doesn't end with Gojira.

I love a good monster mash. GZ2014's fight scene at the end was awesome. But that makes it a fun popcorn movie. Gojira rises above the material and actually has something important to say about humanity. And unlike so much of the contrived Oscar-bait we've seen through the decades, that film strikes a chord because you know the people who made it were deeply affected by the atomic bombings.

• Like 2

+62% for tasm2 on sat. so 16.5-17m likely. (52-53.5% drop)

Good jump. Don't like that 52% drop.  Looks like Cap took a hit too. Might have to wait a couple more days to see the 250m.

• Like 2

I think someone's going to get fired because of TASM2's domestic underperformance. Marketing team perhaps?

I know you may want to bslap me my friend , but I think Andrew and Webb could get the pink slip if this Spidey makes under or barely makes 200M, then makes subpar  #s OS.. Its not looking too insanse OS  either.. So yep  marketing team getting some walking papers. I think they need to boot out the screen play guys as well. LOL