baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

It's been very satisfying and I expect another 55-60% drop next weekend. It's going to continue to crash and burn to under 200M.  :rofl:

I don't think it will drop that much with it being a holiday.

• Like 3

LOL, now even Thor is a bigger draw DOM than Spider-Man. Times have changed indeed.

Ha, but I would argue that Spiderman is still the bigger draw, they just have to make a quality film with him. Everyone was yawning about this wildly derivative sequel and it stilled made over $90m OW. Sony is killing the brand though. 

All of this Godzilla vs Spider-Man nonsense needs to stop(except for the funny gifs). Honestly, if the fifth Godzilla in 12 years does 90m OW, then you can start comparing. Until then...this is the good Godzilla film people were waiting for. The good Spider-Man film people were waiting for did about twice as much business. 

;)

And to show I'm coming from a place of no ill will:

Posted Image

• Like 7

Or they can just let it go.

Seriously, no single superhero needs 5 freaking movies in just 12 years. So while we're at it, can we already cancel Wolverine 3? after 2 solo films and stealing screentime in most X-men films, I'm really filled with that character as well.

• Like 5

I don't think it will drop that much with it being a holiday.

With the WOM it has plus the direct competition, I fully expect 50%+ drop even with MD weekend.

55-60% is for giggles sake anyway. I just want to see how low Spider-Man can go.   :rofl:

• Like 3

WOW, so this was it. 

I was seeing no problem upping my predict to a 55% drop but this, this is the shit storm.

Heads will roll at Sony, jobs are on the line as I said last week. 

It's dead, as dead as Uncle Ben kids. Proof the WOM is horrid especially in the face of better and/or newer options. 

That would be justice IMO. Sony deserves some crow for their greed and shitty handling of Spider-Man.

• Like 2

All of this Godzilla vs Spider-Man nonsense needs to stop(except for the funny gifs). Honestly, if the fifth Godzilla in 12 years does 90m OW, then you can start comparing. Until then...this is the good Godzilla film people were waiting for. The good Spider-Man film people were waiting for did about twice as much business. 

;)

And to show I'm coming from a place of no ill will:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3

Seriously, no single superhero needs 5 freaking movies in just 12 years. So while we're at it, can we already cancel Wolverine 3? after 2 solo films and stealing screentime in most X-men films, I'm really filled with that character as well.

From 1962-1974 there were EIGHT Bond films. And an average of about 6 films every 12 years from '62-now. You must really hate Bond. Or is it that you just hate superheroes? :huh:

• Like 3

With the WOM it has plus the direct competition, I fully expect 50%+ drop even with MD weekend.

55-60% is for giggles sake anyway. I just want to see how low Spider-Man can go.   :rofl:

Andrews Spidey is history.. Time to get back Toby or another person behind the suit

I have a car issue right now, my battery is dead so im stuck at the theater and have to get that resolved, but my mini report...THAT MOVIE WAS AWESOME! I was wrong about Godzilla, and everyone I saw loved the hell out of it.Ok brb.

• Like 10