baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

I'm actually concerned about X-Men now. It'll open big, but I think Godzilla just took a lot of money away from it and took a lot of the hype. I wonder what the tracking numbers will be this week after this monstrous opening for Godzilla.

I'm actually concerned about X-Men now. It'll open big, but I think Godzilla just took a lot of money away from it and took a lot of the hype. I wonder what the tracking numbers will be this week after this monstrous opening for Godzilla.

X-Men will be fine, it will do $100+mil for the 4 day weekend.

Cold launches since 2005 ($75m adjusted or more)1. The Hunger Games (direct adaptation of current book series)2. Alice In Wonderland (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)3. Iron Man (first-time adaptation of long running character)4. Man of Steel (new adaptation of dormant character)5. Godzilla (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)6. The Da Vinci Code (A-List adaptation of current book)7. Avatar (original movie from dormant director)8. Star Trek (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)9. I Am Legend (A-List adaptation of classic novel)10. 300 (adaptation of graphic novel)11. Transformers (loose adaptation of cartoon/toy franchise)12. The Simpsons Movie (big screen extension of TV franchise)13. Narnia TLWW (adaptation of classic novel)14. War of the Worlds (A-List adaptation of classic novel15. Oz Great & Powerful (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)16. Twilight (direct adaptation of current book series)Once again, Avatar is in a league of its own as the only original film to truly open big

James Cameron has magical powers allowing him to make movies which smash box office collections

Cold launches since 2005 ($75m adjusted or more)1. The Hunger Games (direct adaptation of current book series)2. Alice In Wonderland (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)3. Iron Man (first-time adaptation of long running character)4. Man of Steel (new adaptation of dormant character)5. Godzilla (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)6. The Da Vinci Code (A-List adaptation of current book)7. Avatar (original movie from dormant director)8. Star Trek (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)9. I Am Legend (A-List adaptation of classic novel)10. 300 (adaptation of graphic novel)11. Transformers (loose adaptation of cartoon/toy franchise)12. The Simpsons Movie (big screen extension of TV franchise)13. Narnia TLWW (adaptation of classic novel)14. War of the Worlds (A-List adaptation of classic novel15. Oz Great & Powerful (loose adaptation of dormant franchise)16. Twilight (direct adaptation of current book series)Once again, Avatar is in a league of its own as the only original film to truly open big

Its amazing really that AVATAR made what it did without any kind of source material at all.

(incoming 'Dances with Wolves' memes)

Edited by stuart360

I'm watching the 1956 version of Godzilla with Raymond Burr, something tells me the version without Burr is better

Original version of the Americanized version? If so then yes.

Honestly guys and girls, what OW number do you think WB/Legendary would have been happy with? $65M? $75M? There's no way they expected $90M+.

45/55m with a final 150/160m run. but yeah this will push even more the Monster/giant alien market, expecting to see paramount rushig the cloverfield sequel soon

• Like 3