LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice 2h

It took 52 days for PACIFIC RIM to break $100M domestically, GODZILLA did it in 4 days. Don't mess with old school monsters

Well one's an original IP while Godzilla, albeit long absence, is the most known monster.

Still, the numbers are amazing. Godzilla is a indeed a god lol

I loved all the actions scenes because I knew what was going on unlike Bayformers, so if they up their game and show more of Godzilla, which is what people are asking for, I think Godzilla 2 will have a better reception.

While I don't necessarily think his screen time was a huge problem, it really does not hurt if they put more Godzilla. He literally kicked ass in every single second he was in. That's something rare these days IMO.

Edited by bballman24

Maybe, but Godzilla will gross over CA2 every day of the week. It really bodes well for its chances to gross more than CA2 DOM

I think Godzilla will have a tough time getting to 240 let alone 260.
  • Like 3

I think Godzilla will have a tough time getting to 240 let alone 260.

Really? From what I can tell even with the mixed reviews a lot of people are still gonna see it for themselves because it's still a "must see" on the big screen.

Well one's an original IP while Godzilla, albeit long absence, is the most known monster.Still, the numbers are amazing. Godzilla is a indeed a god lol

Also the marketing. WB decided not to go the monster vs monster way in Godzilla's marketing and focus on the characters and drama. That helped a lot.

Edited by a2k

Well one's an original IP while Godzilla, albeit long absence, is the most known monster.Still, the numbers are amazing. Godzilla is a indeed a god lol

I loved all the actions scenes because I knew what was going on unlike Bayformers, so if they up their game and show more of Godzilla, which is what people are asking for, I think Godzilla 2 will have a better reception.

While I don't necessarily think his screen time was a huge problem, it really does not hurt if they put more Godzilla. He literally kicked ass in every single second he was in. That's something rare these IMO.

True. I went to watch Pacific Rim because I thought it would be like Godzilla but I was wrong. I didn't like it at all. But that's not to say the movie was bad. I just didn't enjoy it at all.

True. I went to watch Pacific Rim because I thought it would be like Godzilla but I was wrong. I didn't like it at all. But that's not to say the movie was bad. I just didn't enjoy it at all.

I liked it quite a bit for what it is since I grew up with stuff like that. But I also see why people didn't like it too.

I really hope Godzilla 2 steps up and will be a monster film everyone can love haha

I liked it quite a bit for what it is since I grew up with stuff like that. But I also see why people didn't like it too.

I really hope Godzilla 2 steps up and will be a monster film everyone can love haha

Yes a lot of people loved Pacific Rim. I just couldn't get into it. But it's okay. I don't have to like everything that comes out. I gave it a shot.