LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

I liked it quite a bit for what it is since I grew up with stuff like that. But I also see why people didn't like it too.

I really hope Godzilla 2 steps up and will be a monster film everyone can love haha

Great thing about Godzilla is that it ends on a huge high (not just a scene or two..but pretty much the last 20-30 minutes). For even those who didn't like it much, will be very tough to resist G2 on the big screen.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 8

Great thing about Godzilla is that it ends on a huge high. For even those who didn't like it much, will be very tough to resist G2 on the big screen.

One sure thing going for its way is what you said. This movie, and thus sequel, has to be seen on the big screen to really enjoy it.

I think if I had watched it on my pc for the first time, no way I would've enjoyed the same way.

• Like 2

Also the marketing. WB decided not to go the monster vs monster way in Godzilla's marketing and focus on the characters and drama. That helped a lot.

Characters and drama that actually mattered little in the movie as it turns out. I don't think it was the characters at all. I think it just looked really fucking good. The visual style of that halo jump was incredible. It created this sense of atmosphere that I didn't think was possible for a Godzilla movie. That's what sold me, not the people.
  • Like 2

One sure thing going for its way is what you said. This movie, and thus sequel, has to be seen on the big screen to really enjoy it.

I think if I had watched it on my pc for the first time, no way I would've enjoyed the same way.

I don't even think you could feel the effect on a 50 inch HD screen honestly. The scale was just too grand.

Characters and drama that actually mattered little in the movie as it turns out.I don't think it was the characters at all. I think it just looked really fucking good. The visual style of that halo jump was incredible. It created this sense of atmosphere that I didn't think was possible for a Godzilla movie. That's what sold me, not the people.

characters didn't matter in the movie. but they had to sell it that way to differentiate it from PR and Zilla 98. marketing can be misleading, sometimes successfully. sometimes not (tasm2's rhino and 'enemies unite'). it did have great visual style and atmosphere. but those scenes with Cranston and Ken in the promos were a huge plus too, irrespective of their roles in the movie.

Edited by a2k

Is this a good 3D movie or should I just see it in regular?

i saw it in 3D and it was good. but i did not feel like 3D added that much. 2D will do just fine imo.

the screen size matters. if imax + 2D was available that would have been perfect.

Edited by a2k

Anyone seen a movie called Red Lights with Sigourney Weaver and Robert De Niros? A friend recommended it, and I'm liking the premise, but it has a really shitty RT-score, so I don't know...

Really digging that Godzilla number, btw.

Anyone seen a movie called Red Lights with Sigourney Weaver and Robert De Niros? A friend recommended it, and I'm liking the premise, but it has a really shitty RT-score, so I don't know...

Really digging that Godzilla number, btw.

I watched it on Netflix because of the premise. I can't say I remember a thing about it.

• Like 1

i saw it in 3D and it was good. but i did not feel like 3D added that much. 2D will do just fine imo.

the screen size matters. if imax + 2D was available that would have been perfect.

If the screen is big enough, I would definitely go with 3D and I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see it in IMAX 3D if possible. 

• Like 1

THE OTHER WOMAN took in $0.623M on Monday. Domestic total now stands at $72.29M. #TheOtherWoman

-60.88%

THE OTHER WOMAN took in $0.623M on Monday. Domestic total now stands at $72.29M. #TheOtherWoman

-60.88%

What was the drop for Neighbors?

Just got back from my third showing of Godzilla and they showed a trailer for Into The Storm prior to it...what genius thought making that film was a good idea? Looks very poor.

OK that was one of the forgettable trailers I saw.