LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

I'm confused, didn't Godzilla's Sunday have a Canadian holiday as well? Does it extend to Monday?

No, the holiday was Monday. The theory was that Sunday would perform more like Saturday in Canada. Didn't seem to make much of a difference judging by the Sunday drops. But the Canadian day off yesterday apparently helped Monday's gross.

• Like 1

Godzilla will be at 300 million easily by next weekend. Let's see how much Days of Future Past slows down the big guy.

Do you mean 200 million or 300 million ww?

No, the holiday was Monday. The theory was that Sunday would perform more like Saturday in Canada. Didn't seem to make much of a difference judging by the Sunday drops. But the Canadian day off yesterday apparently helped Monday's gross.

Alright, that makes sense.

Posted Image

Todays number will be muted tho. Increases won't be as big.

Maybe, but Godzilla will gross over CA2 every day of the week. It really bodes well for its chances to gross more than CA2 DOM

I saw Godzilla yesterday.

Was good, though not great. Agree with what folks have said here. The first hour did not build much tension or characters (accept for Cranston). Lot of forgettable chatter and scenes that don't build up anything. Ken was given a tragic screenplay. about 2 words in nearly every line - "let them fight","nevada","godjilla","kill it". The monsters and the last 30 mins were epic though. Great visuals, locales, sound.

• Like 3

Was good, though not great. Agree with what folks have said here. The first hour did not build much tension or characters (accept for Cranston). Lot of forgettable chatter and scenes that don't build up anything. Ken was given a tragic screenplay. about 2 words in nearly every line - "let them fight","nevada","godjilla","kill it". The monsters and the last 30 mins were epic though. Great visuals, locales, sound.

Those truncated, anti-climactic scenes (airport scene, first MUTO fight, Vegas rampage) feel strange, out-of-place and feel like they run out of footage or lost it somewhere in the editing room. There must be an extended edition of some sort on BluRay

Agree. A great visual that I can't get out of my mind is when the

bridge collapse and the train careened into the ocean

Even though the script and acting was subpar, things like that made me glad I saw it on the big screen.