CAYOM Year 9 Advance Schedule

May 10: Into the Dead (DIR. Frank Darabont)Aug. 16: Candle Cove (DIR. Ernest Dickson)Oct. 4: The Disaperance of Ashley, Kansas(DIR. Hideo Nakata)Nov. 22: Tulpa (Dir. Lynne Ramsey)Dec. 6: Psychosis (DIR. Jonathan Glazer)

By big you mean huge budget, A-list cast?

I mean substantial budget + prestige. It's not an exact science. For example a director can do a blockbuster tentpole and a small-scale film, so long as there is a substantial divide in their release dates. Or he can do 2 mid-sized movies with a similar time gap. Since Soderbergh's November film is not a film that would have a large budget or intensive production period, and since Portentous Dealings seems like a mid-scale project from what I remember of CAYOM 1.0, it should be ok.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

DAMN. I just decided yesterday to use Joe Wright and now he's taken. =(

And that movie is on the exact same date, too. I wanna cry.

Edited by ChD

June 7 - 5 centimeters per second - Zoe Kazan (Romantic Drama)

(I know you're asking yourself this, so 5cm = 1.96 inch)

Edited by ChD

Remove A Specific Kind of Nature from the schedule. Put The Tourist in it's place (Sci-Fi/Drama/Thriller, dir. David Lynch).

Also, put Monopoly (Comedy/Drama/Satire, dir. David Frankel) on December 25. I'll be fixing up this film because some of you didn't receive it well.

Finally, The Little Drummer Boy (Christmas, dir. Tate Taylor) on December 6.

I think that's the benefit of the quarter system. I can get just as many films done in one quarter as I can in a full year.Then again, there's the possibly not all of my films can get done, but I will try to.So yeah, I'm going after you all. ;)

Remove A Specific Kind of Nature from the schedule. Put The Tourist in it's place (Sci-Fi/Drama/Thriller, dir. David Lynch). Also, put Monopoly (Comedy/Drama/Satire, dir. David Frankel) on December 25. I'll be fixing up this film because some of you didn't receive it well. Finally, The Little Drummer Boy (Christmas, dir. Tate Taylor) on December 6.

I am using Tate Taylor the month before so I think you'll need a new director

I am using Tate Taylor the month before so I think you'll need a new director

It was written for Year 8 but it was never posted because I forgot about it. So I'm still using that director.

Similar to how Alfred can use Michael Haneke for No Greater Glory while riczhang is also making a Haneke movie this year, because that movie premiered at the Year 8 CAYOM Festival, but Alfred didn't participate in Year 8.

It was written for Year 8 but it was never posted because I forgot about it. So I'm still using that director. Similar to how Alfred can use Michael Haneke for No Greater Glory while riczhang is also making a Haneke movie this year, because that movie premiered at the Year 8 CAYOM Festival, but Alfred didn't participate in Year 8.

Oh ok then, didn't know it was written for Y8