August 2 has a PG-13 animated hopeful blockbuster marketed towards teens

Christmas has my Bond finale movie

k thanks

• Like 1

Can I just point out at the moment with the new scheduled movies

August 2 has a PG-13 animated hopeful blockbuster marketed towards teens

Christmas has my Bond finale movie

k thanks

And animated PG-13 movie? That is a bomb waiting to happen. 

And now August 2 also has Emmerich's new epic. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

And animated PG-13 movie? That is a bomb waiting to happen. And now August 2 also has Emmerich's new epic.

9 (2009) was a PG-13 animated film. It did Fairly well.South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut was an R-rated flick. It did extremely well.Just because its rating isn't G or PG doesn't make it automatically a big flop.
  • Like 2

9 (2009) was a PG-13 animated film. It did Fairly well.South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut was an R-rated flick. It did extremely well.Just because its rating isn't G or PG doesn't make it automatically a big flop.

Those aren't blockbusters. Just saying. 

• Like 1

CJohn, I think I know a good date. Nov. 22-24 weekend. Only competition would be Chronicles of Narnia but both are targeted at more different audiences. Trust, as jam packed as Dec. 13, Dec. 18, Dec. 20, Dec. 25 are, I think a release around Thanksgiving or so would be a smarter choice.Then again, that's just my opinion. Your okay if you leave it the same way.

• Like 1

Ultimately it comes down to who is doing the actuals  :ph34r:

November and December are just too packed. I am only releasing Digimon there because I need it. Year 10 is for the big gun, the sequel to the original blockbuster of Year 8, to be released. 

• Like 1

I am so glad I am not releasing anything of box office import in November or December (especially December).

I'll just release Mysteries 2 in mid-October and make all of my money by Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

Spark has proven there's an audience for adult themed sci-fi animation in CAYOM's world. I feel confident Area 142 will be a decent sized performer

I don't think Spark is adult themed. It still has a generally family friendly energy (which may be pushed with the threequel, though.) To The Moon, on the other hand...
  • Like 2

I think Super Mario Bros. and Dreamwalker are the only guaranteed blockbusters of December.Though TBH, it's actually pretty normal for December. :lol:

Digimon could end up being a big hit, though I see it grossing more around Pacific Rim's gross.
  • Like 1

Digimon could end up being a big hit, though I see it grossing more around Pacific Rim's gross.

The last one did 200M. This one is a prequel to prepare some stuff for the sequel. So a 110-130M gross would be ok. The sequel should see an increase into the 210-215M territory, tho. 

And animated PG-13 movie? That is a bomb waiting to happen. 

Hah. That's nothing. I've got an animated R movie coming out. That isn't a comedy.

(Yeah, I originally had Cybernetic 7 as a PG-13 but I've decided to bump it up. Not because it's particularly bloody (although there's quite a lot of death) but there's some seriously dark stuff in there.)

I don't think Spark is adult themed. It still has a generally family friendly energy (which may be pushed with the threequel, though.) To The Moon, on the other hand...

You'd think that To The Moon being oriented towards more adults would mean weaker box office than Spark. You'd think!

Yeah, uhm, alright.

Take Sword Art off of the July 26 and move the Untitled Del Toro fantasy from Thanksgiving to 26 July. Also add the Last of Us to September 20