#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

LOL Where is BGE? I got to give him a shout out for his prediction "just slightly under TASM2" I mean he was right on the money, lol. That is if it doesn't go up.

Hi!  :) I did a little dance when I saw it was the estimate today was just 200k under, hehe.

• Like 1

Hi!  :) I did a little dance when I saw it was the estimate today was just 200k under, hehe.

That was just brilliant! I just wanted you to know that. Things get lost in all of the back and forth here. But I had to give you your props.

• Like 1

Thinking about going for my 2nd viewing of DOFP...Anyone here see it in 3D? If so, is it worth it?

Doubt its worth watching it in 3D.  Never saw it in that version, but I don't see anything worth watching it in that format.

Ok thanks. Won't count on either of those two for more money.

The thing is, even if the multiplier across all territories is less than 2, 600M is locked and with a 2.3 across every territory currently open 700M is done.
  • Like 2

Just listened to Let It Go for the first time ever. How the fuck did that song become a phenomenon? Menzel's such a bland singer.

If I was the original singer, then it would've been truly worthy of the sensation it became

Thinking about going for my 2nd viewing of DOFP...Anyone here see it in 3D? If so, is it worth it?

It's not bad, but it doesn't really add anything, to be honest, and makes the already dark future scenes darker. Go 2D if possible.

Doubt its worth watching it in 3D.  Never saw it in that version, but I don't see anything worth watching it in that format.

it has very good depth, but the pop up effect is weak

It's not bad, but it doesn't really add anything, to be honest, and makes the already dark future scenes darker. Go 2D if possible.

Thanks all...I think I will stick to the 2D and use the 3D surcharge towards a soda buy...

This came up earlier, but the reason "Let it Go" became so popular was because it was catchy AND it connected to people in a different way.For the LGBT community it was about coming out of the closet, for shy people it was about breaking out of your shell, for older moms and dads it was about being able to let your child leave the nest, for young adults it was about letting go of your childhood and moving into the adult world, for grandparents and older people it was about not worrying about death, for middle aged adults it was about not worrying about how old you are. I could go on and on forever, but the point is it connected to a real life situation for everyone who saw it. That's why the song made it so big.

• Like 3

This came up earlier, but the reason "Let it Go" became so popular was because it was catchy AND it connected to people in a different way.For the LGBT community it was about coming out of the closet, for shy people it was about breaking out of your shell, for older moms and dads it was about being able to let your child leave the nest, for young adults it was about letting go of your childhood and moving into the adult world, for grandparents and older people it was about not worrying about death, for middle aged adults it was about not worrying about how old you are. I could go on and on forever, but the point is it connected to a real life situation for everyone who saw it. That's why the song made it so big.

yeah, and the reason it was able to connect with people like that was because it was abstract, generalized, open to interpretation and yes, bland.

compare it to:

and you'll understand why people are not impressed. i mean, it was a brilliant marketing decision by disney to empty their songs/movie of personality so it'll appeal to the largest amount of people possible, kudos for that, but from the perspectives of a viewer, i am not enthusiastic.

• Like 1