#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Rewatching Transformers. Watching this after "Pacific Rim" and "Godzilla" makes me appreciate how Michael Bay managed to show us the transformers throughout the movie, have a "good enough" human POV, actually built up to the Megatron-Optimus Prime fight, and somehow managed to not have the fights be in the night during the rain.

And yet it's worse than both those movies.
  • Like 4

Here's what we got:X-Men 1589(1864)*Godzilla 612(1027)*Friday(Saturday)

An increase on Saturday from Friday proper would be the first real sign(other than reviews and WOM) that this is going to have a distinctly different pattern from X3, which dropped on Sat from Friday without previews.

• Like 1

An increase on Saturday from Friday proper would be the first real sign(other than reviews and WOM) that this is going to have a distinctly different pattern from X3, which dropped on Sat from Friday without previews.

Actually that's become more common nowadays.

Actually that's become more common nowadays.

Well, honestly, my worry was that only the old fans showed up for this and not the kiddies. An increase on Sat would show that fear unfounded.

That's pretty good for both movies. Hope you're the bellwether for the nation! :)

Rallax' theater invariably acts quite differently from the nation. I'm waiting for the god o' thundah. ;)

A preview for next week:

UNIVERSAL

BOX OFFICE FORUMS

The Internet, 2013

*We see a bunch of spammers posting links to their website*

rallax: Oh, hey, look, it’s some spammers. Why are there so many?

#ED: So they get maximum exposure. It’s actually really interesting how they do it; it’s this one company out in Boston that…

*all the spammers are instantly banned*

#ED: OH OH OH THAT WENT SOUTH SO FAST AGH

From BOX OFFICE DISCUSSION who brought you TED WEEKEND NUMBERS

#ED: The BoxOffice Forums is a terrible place and time. Everything out here that’s not you, causes a ban for you. Alternate accounts. Personal attacks. Insensitive comments. Trolling!

BKB: She didn’t realize Marvel’s domination

#ED: She just likes Edgar Wright, BKB. Why the hell did you get in the flame war?

THIS SUMMER

baumer: I’d like to welcome a new member to our community.

#ED: Welcome to our awesome boards.

k1stpierre: What’s with this thread? *in Hunger Games: Catching Fire Opening Weekend thread*

#ED: Every weekend, people get banned.

k1stpierre: Really?

shayhiri: Everybody, fuck Katniss, get Hobbit. *gets banned*

k1stpierre: People get banned in the weekend threads.

Seth: People get banned in the weekend threads.

*to the Speakeasy*

MrPink: Somebody on these boards is going to get banned.

*MrPink sends a threatening group PM to ECSTASY and Rallax.*

Rallax: Please don’t ban us on movie night.

k1stpierre: You beat this guy in a gif fight, you’re gonna be a real hero.

#ED: He’s the most vicious gif fighter in the territory

k1stpierre: I’ll teach you how to use tumblr.

*#ED attempts to post gifs, but ultimately just quotes TDKR a lot*

#ED

#ED: I think I need a mobile app.

Rallax: Dude, you really shouldn’t drink and post. Gah!

K1STPIERRE

k1stpierre: Game up.

Seth: Yep. Get ready, I’m about to suspend a full load at your Algren.

K1stpierre: Shut up.

*#ED manages to suspend Algren*

#ED+k1stpierre: HEYYY

MULDER

SQUAREMASTER316

Squaremaster316: OH NO I DIN’T

Mulder: *laughs*

RALLAX

ECSTASY

ECSTASY: You’ve never seen it?

Rallax: No, I haven’t. I feel like I should have some ecstasy or something

ECSTASY: Alright, you ready? *shows rallax some Captain America gifs*

Rallax: *aww*

and MRPINK

MrPink: I know you’re here, #ED!

*#ED goes to get advice from senior mods*

ShawnMR: Gon, chkla noth, emiwep (Before gif war, you must clear your mind.)

#ED: Hahatayna ashte (I’ll freak out, I know it)

CJohn: Nee! (Nerd!)

Vanilla: Doe! (Dork!)

Water Bottle: Nah! (Tool!)

Seth: Mila Kunis, Mila Kunis (Fine, fine.)

*#ED goes into the coding without permission.*

ShawnMR: Dai jo negla (That was for the whole boards.)

#ED: Dai dai jo? (What happens now?)

ShawnMR: Ashte… mai ae kyote (You’re totally gonna freak out... and probably get banned.)

*#ED falls down through the Maleficent thread screaming; #ED and MrPink are in a gif fight. Squaremaster316 leads some Nolan trolling, causing #ED to be kicked in the face, MrPink chases #ED trying to outrun a hype train for Interstellar*

#ED: Wow, you look amazing.

k1stpierre: I really love how the most alluring avatar fashion today is to have a pic of an protagonist with boy troubles.

Seth: If I was the Futurist, this is the meanest trick you could play on me.

A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST OPENING WEEKEND

#ED: Maybe the forum’s not so bad after all.

fishnets: Hey, it’s a sweet couple. Can I interest you in a Shitto repellant?

*fishnets gets hit with some Impact, which bans her instantly*

#ED: Holy sh-

NEXT WEEKEND

Totally like-whoring right now, but this hasn't met the minimum weekly likes yet for me to continue with making these  :ph34r:

• Like 3

Rewatching Transformers. Watching this after "Pacific Rim" and "Godzilla" makes me appreciate how Michael Bay managed to show us the transformers throughout the movie, have a "good enough" human POV, actually built up to the Megatron-Optimus Prime fight, and somehow managed to not have the fights be in the night during the rain.

My disdain for Michael Bay in general aside, Transformers 1 is a fucking blast of a movie. It was an extremely fun summer popcorn flick. And the characters surprisingly were likable in it.

Things got stupid when the Robots would kill big massive monsters by punching them to death and they finally introduced swords mid way...?

That is still the silliest nitpick. Does everyone forget that Raleigh didn't know about the sword? Mako rebuilt Gipsey Danger and added the sword without his knowledge. Plus, if you whip out all the big weapons at the beginning of the fight and then lose said weapons, what do you have left to use? Those should always be used as a finishing weapon, not to start the fight.
  • Like 3

Good thing she doesn't say much more in DOFP then.

Up until X3, she must have had something in her contract that stipulated she would get more screen time with each film, whether there was demand for it or not. :P

That is still the silliest nitpick. Does everyone forget that Raleigh didn't know about the sword? Mako rebuilt Gipsey Danger and added the sword without his knowledge. Plus, if you whip out all the big weapons at the beginning of the fight and then lose said weapons, what do you have left to use? Those should always be used as a finishing weapon, not to start the fight.

So when fighting a dangerous person or animal it's customary to save any weapons for the flashy finishing move?

Up until X3, she must have had something in her contract that stipulated she would get more screen time with each film, whether there was demand for it or not.

:PYou joke...But...I think she actually did.Back in mid 2000s, she was a hot commodity. I won an Oscar god dammit!
  • Like 1

So when fighting a dangerous person or animal it's customary to save any weapons for the flashy finishing move?

What's the point of winning a fight if you can't do it in style?Fatality!It only works if it's at the end.
  • Like 1