#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Okay, whose bad idea was it coming up with that thread title? :lol: I had to wade through several page to find the actual Sat estimate. Someone should put the page # of Rth update in the title.That seems like a typical Sat drop for X-Men, around FF6 drop last year.

Gotham needs it's true hero. You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I can do those things because I'm not a hero. Why is he running, dad?Because we have to chase him. He didn't do anything wrong. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight. Fade to black. The End. Hail Nolan.

• Like 3

It will probably hold better given the fact is has much stronger WOM

Yeah but it has also strong competition in June.

I think it will depend on how it will fare next weekend.

This opening suggests that reviews are completely irrelevant for an X-Men movie. I know we say that about most blockbusters, but it's really acute with this franchise. I feel like even if it had a 50% RT score the box office would be the same.

It's a very fan centric franchise wich doesn't grow that much outside of it.

It hasn't branched enough within the general audience, which is something you do around the second and third movie before stabilizing in the subsequent ones...just like in the Harry Potter franchise.

Edited by Ent

If the early numbers is any indication (which is better than CA2 in many markets), DOFP would be looking at 450M+ OS. And depending on the domestic hold, it'll be aiming for 700M+ WW. Could beat out TASM2 and Cap for WW total even.

• Like 2

As always overseas markets will really help films out this year.. ^^^ 

Oh yeah definitely, like TASM2.  Didn't do well in U.S.  But did well overseas.

Domestic:  $179,101,000  28.0%Foreign:  $461,000,000  72.0% = Worldwide:  $640,101,000  

If the early numbers is any indication (which is better than CA2 in many markets), DOFP would be looking at 450M+ OS. And depending on the domestic hold, it'll be aiming for 700M+ WW. Could beat out TASM2 and Cap for WW total even.

Like for the domestic front, i will wait for the second weekend to have a clear idea.

TASM2 started strong in a lot of markets then faze out quickly.

Besides competition abroad is bigger as there are local movies releases topo but also theater counts drop faster as movie turnover is shorter. Movies with Tom Cruise or Jolie can have a soft release domestic but be a bigger direct threat abroad.

Like for the domestic front, i will wait for the second weekend to have a clear idea. TASM2 started strong in a lot of markets then faze out quickly. Besides competition abroad is bigger as there are local movies releases topo but also theater counts drop faster as movie turnover is shorter. Movies with Tom Cruise or Jolie can have a soft release domestic but be a bigger direct threat abroad.

Yeah, I'll wait and see too. But DOFP is opening quite better than CA2 in many markets, so even with weaker legs, I think a total of 450M+ wouldn't be too hard. Besides, the addition of 3D might not help out much domestically, but it'll definitely give it a boost in the OS markets. I think it'll be a close battle between the 3 superhero movies to see who's coming out on top WW.