#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Yeah, Godzilla is dropping like a dead MUTO over here. 1823 last Friday and just 457 so far today with just two shows left.

Yeah, Godzilla is dropping like a dead MUTO over here. 1823 last Friday and just 457 so far today with just two shows left.

So what do you expect your two last shows to sell?

In the sequels. This was supposed to be Godzilla's "origin movie" so the lack of Godzilla was inexcusable

I was mixed on the movie but the lack of Godzilla could have easily not been an issue if

they didn't reveal Godzilla way too early. He shows up in Hawaii, gets the hero entrance, gets a roar and then we cut to a freaking news report.

If they had cut to the news report before we saw Godzilla in his full glory, that would have been preferable. Keep the reveal for the final fight.

Also, the trailer is not deceptive in terms of marketing, but it does go out of its way to hide the fact that 

there are 2 other monsters in the movie.

Sunday is high, even so this mean 100M+ WOOW

Sunday isn't high.  Lots of films fall less than 10% on Sunday.

• Like 1

That would be nuts... this movie deserves it IMO.

Always nice seeing a great Xmen film

Agreed. It's great finally seeing a good X-Men movie again. Just hearing the theme in this took me back to the original movie in 2000. Maybe the taint of X3 and Origins is finally behind us.

Not this Sunday. It will fall between 10-15% like previous MD openers.

Or 8-15%.  

MIB3 fell 7%.

I think even if it opens to $38M, it'll still do 100M. Sunday drop should be around 10-15%.

Depends how front loaded it is on Friday

Last Stand had a $45m Friday (only $5.9 of which was off Thur Midnights) and it's 3 day was (45/32/25.6) $102.7m.

Though this has better reviews and WOM I think all X-men films have flat or lower Saturdays even minus the previews. 

• Like 2

Everyone knows who Godzilla is though. He's a big Dinosaur monster who is an allegory for the atomic bomb/nature ((Depending on the film)) who breaths fire and destroys cities/fights giant monsters. Bing bang boom. There's the Godzilla origin story.

Oh and radiation created him. So I guess you could focus on the radiation slowly mutating him for 2 hours.